XP activation

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Manraj, May 10, 2007.

  1. Manraj

    Manraj Guest

    I have installed window xp media center edition by using key from my
    freind which need to be activated. I did at that time using some
    crack. It worked fine for 2-3 months. but now all of a
    sudden, i recieve the infamous activation loop problem that goes as
    follows.. ( may be I have been using update window all the time)

    your copy of windows is not activated please do so (click ok)
    your copy of windows has been activated (sends back to logon screen)
    and repeat. i cant go into the system.

    But I can go through safe mode.is there anyway i can get past this
    problem because i have gigs
    of music and photos that i cant afford to lose.

    what I was thinking of either

    1. Changing the key by going into registry (through safe mode) if
    possible
    2. Try some other valid key.

    Please give me some solution to overcome this problem

    Thanks in anticipation
    Manraj

    Manraj, May 10, 2007

  2. Buy a copy of MCE and perform a repair installation. In any case, you are
    in the wrong newsgroup. This ng is for 64bit operating systems, of which XP
    Pro x64 is only one. Your copy of Windows is 32bit.

    Colin Barnhorst, May 10, 2007

  3. And illegal.

    --
    Charlie.