    card in an AGP slot, and ATI just released 64-bit drivers for the card. The
    motheboard manufacturer has also just released 64-bit drivers for XP Pro and
    for Vista.
    Charles Chambers, Feb 19, 2007

  2. You will need both 32-bit and 64-bit drivers for every device on your
    system.

    32-bit software will run in an emulation layer when running on a 64-bit
    system, so I doubt you will see performance increases. Same to decreased
    performance is the most likely outcome.

    Can't answer your other questions - check out the models of cards you're
    interested in and see if they offer Vista drivers or not.

    --
    Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]

    Richard G. Harper, Feb 19, 2007

  3. Charles Chambers

    S.SubZero Guest

    On Feb 19, 2:10 am, "Charles Chambers" <cchamb2<2>@cisaz.com> wrote:
    > Will the 64-bit machine show any performance improvement in running Doom 3
    > and Quake 4 <g>? It comes with 2 gigs of RAM and a 512-meg ATI Radeon X1300
    > card in an AGP slot, and ATI just released 64-bit drivers for the card. The
    > motheboard manufacturer has also just released 64-bit drivers for XP Pro and
    > for Vista.

    Unless those games have 64-bit versions, it's unlikely you'd see any
    performance gain.
    S.SubZero, Feb 20, 2007