    "upgrade driver" operation or something equally obvious should discover the
    driver. Any clues as to how I can find the driver without have to resort to
    something like "driver detective?"

    Wiley Post, Nov 2, 2009

  2. The link at the end of
    http://www.driverheaven.net/windows...ers/104900-ati-rage-xl-pci-driver-xp-x64.html
    appears to be the driver you want.

    Dominic Payer, Nov 2, 2009

  3. Wiley Post

    Bogey Man Guest

    "Wiley Post" <> wrote in message
    > I recently installed xp x64 on a dual-core Pentium-D machine and I learned
    > quickly that there was not very deep video driver support. On the
    > strength of the following:
    > http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/ProductDetails.aspx?m=x&g=d&cid=303&sv=&f=64d&pn=Rage XL&oid=19
    > which says that ATI Rage XL is logo certified for xp x64 I bought an
    > inexpensive ATI Rage XL PCI card. However the included installation CD
    > nor any download site I have searched has the driver. Given that ATI went
    > through logo certification it seems to me that a web search during a
    > Windows "upgrade driver" operation or something equally obvious should
    > discover the driver. Any clues as to how I can find the driver without
    > have to resort to something like "driver detective?"

    Just how old is this card? I suspect that it is too old for any new drivers
    to have been written for it.

    Bogey Man, Nov 4, 2009
  4. See info @ http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/legacy-xp.aspx
    Drivers for Discontinued ATI Rage™ Series Products for Windows XP
    Professional/Home Edition

    The last XP 32-bit driver for the Rage XL was back on April 02, 2002, so
    it doesn't seem logical that it would have been certified for XP x64.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 4, 2009