XP-64 to Vista Upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?cmVpbmhvbGQ=?=, Sep 15, 2005.

  1. Does microsoft have an upgrade plan for people who install XP-64 to be able
    to upgrade to the new Vista Operating System next year?

    =?Utf-8?B?cmVpbmhvbGQ=?=, Sep 15, 2005

  2. It is WAY too early to talk about upgrade plans. Vista release is a year or
    more away, and Vista is just barely in Beta. However, that being said, MS
    has traditionally provided an upgrade path to the new version of the
    operating system from the previous, when they were the same underlying
    hardware platform. So I'm sure they will be making every effort to enable
    upgrades from XP 32-bit to Vista 32bit, and XP x64 to Vista x64.

    My personal opinion? I'll be doing a clean, fresh install of the final
    released version.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 16, 2005

  3. Yes, there will be an upgrade path from Windows XP Professional x64, but
    probably to only the analogous version of Vista x64. Like Charlie, I will be
    doing a clean install myself, no glitches and its faster.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 16, 2005