  1. Why do I get a Unsupported Printer Port listed under hardware device
    manager, after I installed Windows XP 64-Bit Edition on my computer? I cant
    add certain printers, fax or PDF writers now.
    Michael Haiducek, Jun 9, 2004

  2. Michael Haiducek

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Michael Haiducek posted:
    > Why do I get a Unsupported Printer Port listed under hardware device
    > manager, after I installed Windows XP 64-Bit Edition on my computer? I
    > cant add certain printers, fax or PDF writers now.

    Re-boot to the BIOS and check how the printer port is configured, it may be
    set to EPP or ECP or some other setting that isn't supported fully ..

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks
    Paul - xxx, Jun 9, 2004

  3. Michael Haiducek

    Plato Guest

    Michael Haiducek wrote:

    > Why do I get a Unsupported Printer Port listed under hardware device
    > manager, after I installed Windows XP 64-Bit Edition on my computer? I cant
    > add certain printers, fax or PDF writers now.

    Next time check first that your pc is desinged for the OS you want to
    play with.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 9, 2004
  4. Tried that, It was set to Bi-Directional so I set to Normal and it did not
    change the situation at all. I am running a ASUS SK8V main board and AMD
    FX-51 processor if this helps. Tried New VIAHyperionpro64-096P2 Chipset
    driver, and have new soundmax driver. I still get a Unsupported Printer Port
    listed under hardware device, & Analog Device AD1985 Game Port Conflict.

    Michael Haiducek, Jun 10, 2004