    Has anyone else had such or similar problems occurring with SP3 killing
    connectivity?

    Woof

    James D. Andrews, Apr 30, 2009

  2. James D. Andrews

    WebWalker Guest

    James D. Andrews wrote:
    > Here's an odd one I encountered.
    >
    > I installed the SP 3 pack downloaded via Updates (set to notification with
    > manual installation) to my wife's computer (XP Home w/SP2 on Pent 3 - 256Mb
    > RAM on DSL/USB Wireless - don't laugh, it works fine for our needs).
    >
    > The SP3 installation killed her wireless connection. The report showed
    > Excellent signal strength, but would not accept the connection. Used repair
    > and did manual re-enable, but every time IE was opened fresh, the Wireless
    > Connection crashed.
    >
    > Eventually had to System Restore to kill SP3, and after one repair that went
    > easy, the problem cleared. Good thing I remembered to Sys Restore point
    > just prior to installation.
    >
    > Has anyone else had such or similar problems occurring with SP3 killing
    > connectivity?
    >
    > Woof

    Instead of "System Restore", you can always reinstall the WIFI driver
    for pc and it will fix the problem.

    p/s my 2 cents

    --

    WebWalker

    Free webhosting : http://www.000webhost.com/85712.html
    Paid webhosting : http://support.datakl.com/aff.php?aff=313

    WebWalker, May 2, 2009

  3. "James D. Andrews" <> wrote in message
    > Here's an odd one I encountered.
    >
    > I installed the SP 3 pack downloaded via Updates (set to notification with
    > manual installation) to my wife's computer (XP Home w/SP2 on Pent 3 -
    > 256Mb RAM on DSL/USB Wireless - don't laugh, it works fine for our needs).
    >
    > The SP3 installation killed her wireless connection. The report showed
    > Excellent signal strength, but would not accept the connection. Used
    > repair and did manual re-enable, but every time IE was opened fresh, the
    > Wireless Connection crashed.
    >
    > Eventually had to System Restore to kill SP3, and after one repair that
    > went easy, the problem cleared. Good thing I remembered to Sys Restore
    > point just prior to installation.
    >
    > Has anyone else had such or similar problems occurring with SP3 killing
    > connectivity?
    >
    > Woof

    What you need to do is go to the Website of the wireless adaptor and get a
    driver for XP, SP3.

    I have several computers running SP3 and a wireless adaptor.

    Since you can't go to any Websites with SP3 running, then you need to either
    go before you load SP3 again, or use a different computer. Download the
    driver file to a USB device, and load the new driver after SP3 is running
    again.

    Jeff Strickland, May 2, 2009
  4. "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message

    > "James D. Andrews" <> wrote in message
    >> Here's an odd one I encountered.
    >>
    >> I installed the SP 3 pack downloaded via Updates (set to notification
    >> with manual installation) to my wife's computer (XP Home w/SP2 on Pent
    >> 3 - 256Mb RAM on DSL/USB Wireless - don't laugh, it works fine for our
    >> needs).
    >>
    >> The SP3 installation killed her wireless connection. The report showed
    >> Excellent signal strength, but would not accept the connection. Used
    >> repair and did manual re-enable, but every time IE was opened fresh, the
    >> Wireless Connection crashed.

    SNIP SNIP
    Woof

    > What you need to do is go to the Website of the wireless adaptor and get a
    > driver for XP, SP3.
    >
    > I have several computers running SP3 and a wireless adaptor.
    >
    > Since you can't go to any Websites with SP3 running, then you need to
    > either go before you load SP3 again, or use a different computer. Download
    > the driver file to a USB device, and load the new driver after SP3 is
    > running again.

    Thanks about the reminder for new drivers. Foolishly, it didn't even cross
    my mind.

    I heard a lot of bad talk about SP3 on ZDNet back when MS was first yapping
    about it. Did MS fix things, are there still other problems I should be
    aware of before reinstalling?

    Woof

    James D. Andrews, May 3, 2009
  5. "James D. Andrews" <> wrote in message

    > "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "James D. Andrews" <> wrote in message
    >>> Here's an odd one I encountered.
    >>>
    >>> I installed the SP 3 pack downloaded via Updates (set to notification
    >>> with manual installation) to my wife's computer (XP Home w/SP2 on Pent
    >>> 3 - 256Mb RAM on DSL/USB Wireless - don't laugh, it works fine for our
    >>> needs).
    >>>
    >>> The SP3 installation killed her wireless connection. The report showed
    >>> Excellent signal strength, but would not accept the connection. Used
    >>> repair and did manual re-enable, but every time IE was opened fresh, the
    >>> Wireless Connection crashed.
    >>>

    > SNIP SNIP
    > Woof
    >

    >> What you need to do is go to the Website of the wireless adaptor and get
    >> a driver for XP, SP3.
    >>
    >> I have several computers running SP3 and a wireless adaptor.
    >>
    >> Since you can't go to any Websites with SP3 running, then you need to
    >> either go before you load SP3 again, or use a different computer.
    >> Download the driver file to a USB device, and load the new driver after
    >> SP3 is running again.
    >>

    > Thanks about the reminder for new drivers. Foolishly, it didn't even
    > cross my mind.
    >
    > I heard a lot of bad talk about SP3 on ZDNet back when MS was first
    > yapping about it. Did MS fix things, are there still other problems I
    > should be aware of before reinstalling?
    >
    > Woof

    All of my machines have been migrated to SP3, and I've not had any problems.
    I resist change because I subscribe to the idea that all that works works
    well, and I like to leave well enough alone. I started running into a wall
    because of my resistance to load SP3, so I eventually relented and let Bill
    & The Boys run my life.

    Now, the best I can do is steer clear of Vista, but I take the upgrades to
    XP as they come along.

    Jeff Strickland, May 3, 2009
  6. James D. Andrews

    Baron Guest

    Jeff Strickland wrote:

    > "James D. Andrews" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "James D. Andrews" <> wrote in message

    >> SNIP SNIP
    >> Woof
    >>

    >>> What you need to do is go to the Website of the wireless adaptor and
    >>> get a driver for XP, SP3.
    >>>
    >>> I have several computers running SP3 and a wireless adaptor.
    >>>
    >>> Since you can't go to any Websites with SP3 running, then you need
    >>> to either go before you load SP3 again, or use a different computer.
    >>> Download the driver file to a USB device, and load the new driver
    >>> after SP3 is running again.
    >>>

    >> Thanks about the reminder for new drivers. Foolishly, it didn't even
    >> cross my mind.
    >>
    >> I heard a lot of bad talk about SP3 on ZDNet back when MS was first
    >> yapping about it. Did MS fix things, are there still other problems
    >> I should be aware of before reinstalling?
    >>
    >> Woof
    >>

    > All of my machines have been migrated to SP3, and I've not had any
    > problems. I resist change because I subscribe to the idea that all
    > that works works well, and I like to leave well enough alone. I
    > started running into a wall because of my resistance to load SP3, so I
    > eventually relented and let Bill & The Boys run my life.

    Isn't that a good reason to learn to use Linux !

    > Now, the best I can do is steer clear of Vista, but I take the
    > upgrades to XP as they come along.

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.