    Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting a collection of files
    without constantly having to restart it manually?

    Thanks.

    ian field, Jul 9, 2010

  2. ian field

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:8SGZn.149965$tH4.89537@hurricane "ian field"
    <> wrote:

    > Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting a collection of
    > files without constantly having to restart it manually?

    Have you RTFM?

    Look for "How do I... post attachments / binaries"

    You'd have better luck in "news.software.readers"; I've set followups to
    that group.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Jul 9, 2010

  3. ian field <>
    via news:8SGZn.149965$tH4.89537@hurricane:

    > Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting
    > a collection of files without constantly having to
    > restart it manually?
    >
    > Thanks.

    You CANNOT post a collection of files
    unless you pay the fee by giving me
    your valid credit card nummer at this time...

    _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _

    Expiry date...

    _ _ / _ _ _ _

    Super-secret-CCOPdpd 3 or 4 digit nummer :

    _ _ _ _

    Thank you for doing buhezinezz wif the usenet's

    24hoursuppoort.posting.collection.of.files

    You might also try using the attachments tab at the bottom
    of your message dialog - the defaults are sufficient - if
    you've never messed with them - and then just navigate to
    your collection and add 'em in that window till you like
    the look of it - highlight one and move it up or down,
    according to how your priorities are feeling, etc.

    Your NSP might be limiting your upload parameters...?

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and
    I am NOT Luu Tran's baby-daddy!

    http://www.facebook.com/luu.tran

    Bucky Breeder, Jul 9, 2010
  4. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "Bert Hyman" <> wrote in message
    > In news:8SGZn.149965$tH4.89537@hurricane "ian field"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting a collection of
    >> files without constantly having to restart it manually?

    > Have you RTFM?
    >
    > Look for "How do I... post attachments / binaries"
    >
    > You'd have better luck in "news.software.readers"; I've set followups to
    > that group.
    >
    > --
    > Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    The user manual is even worse than the software.

    It currently seems to be working correctly even though I did everything
    exactly the same as before.

    Sometimes it works - sometimes it don't.

    ian field, Jul 9, 2010
  5. ian field

    SINNER Guest

    * ian field wrote in news.software.readers:

    > "Bert Hyman" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:8SGZn.149965$tH4.89537@hurricane "ian field"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting a collection of
    >>> files without constantly having to restart it manually?

    >> Have you RTFM?
    >>
    >> Look for "How do I... post attachments / binaries"
    >>
    >> You'd have better luck in "news.software.readers"; I've set followups to
    >> that group.
    >>

    > The user manual is even worse than the software.
    >
    > It currently seems to be working correctly even though I did everything
    > exactly the same as before.
    >
    > Sometimes it works - sometimes it don't.

    Ask for your money back!

    --
    David

    SINNER, Jul 9, 2010
  6. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "SINNER" <> wrote in message
    >* ian field wrote in news.software.readers:
    >

    >> "Bert Hyman" <> wrote in message

    >>> Have you RTFM?
    >>>
    >>> Look for "How do I... post attachments / binaries"
    >>>
    >>> You'd have better luck in "news.software.readers"; I've set followups to
    >>> that group.
    >>>

    >> The user manual is even worse than the software.
    >>
    >> It currently seems to be working correctly even though I did everything
    >> exactly the same as before.
    >>
    >> Sometimes it works - sometimes it don't.
    >>

    > Ask for your money back!

    Hmmm - wonder if they'd fall for that.

    ian field, Jul 9, 2010
  7. ian field

    ian field Guest

    ian field, Jul 9, 2010
  8. ian field <> via news:69IZn.98619$sD7.47590
    @hurricane:

    > "Bucky Breeder" <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    > wrote in message news:Xns9DB06E38CD594BuckyGram@216.151.153.163...
    >> ian field <>
    >> via news:8SGZn.149965$tH4.89537@hurricane:
    >>
    >>> Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting
    >>> a collection of files without constantly having to
    >>> restart it manually?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    >> You CANNOT post a collection of files
    >> unless you pay the fee by giving me
    >> your valid credit card nummer at this time...
    >>
    >> _0123 _ _ _ -4567 _ _ _ _ - 8901_ _ _ _ -2345 _ _ 754_ _
    >>
    >> Expiry date...
    >>
    >> _03 _ /2198 _ _ _ _
    >>
    >> Super-secret-CCOPdpd 3 or 4 digit nummer :

    Thank you for your buhezinezz,

    Wishing you much success and prosperity,

    The Managemints (like pillow mints, but not as ghaa-hay)

    Bucky Breeder, Jul 9, 2010
  9. ian field

    chuckcar Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote in

    > "Bert Hyman" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:8SGZn.149965$tH4.89537@hurricane "ian field"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting a collection of
    >>> files without constantly having to restart it manually?

    >> Have you RTFM?
    >>
    >> Look for "How do I... post attachments / binaries"
    >>
    >> You'd have better luck in "news.software.readers"; I've set followups to
    >> that group.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
    >>

    > The user manual is even worse than the software.

    Nonsence. *I've* read it and it contains quite probably the best
    explanation of how regex works that I've ever seen.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 9, 2010
  10. ian field

    chuckcar Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote in

    > "SINNER" <> wrote in message
    >>* ian field wrote in news.software.readers:
    >>

    >>> "Bert Hyman" <> wrote in message

    >>> The user manual is even worse than the software.
    >>>
    >>> It currently seems to be working correctly even though I did
    >>> everything exactly the same as before.
    >>>
    >>> Sometimes it works - sometimes it don't.
    >>>

    >> Ask for your money back!

    > Hmmm - wonder if they'd fall for that.

    Not they. He.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 9, 2010
  11. ian field

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 22:13:39 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > Nonsence

    WTF?????

    Aardvark, Jul 9, 2010
  12. ian field

    Mike Yetto Guest

    chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    > "ian field" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "Bert Hyman" <> wrote in message

    >>> Have you RTFM?
    >>>
    >>> Look for "How do I... post attachments / binaries"
    >>>
    >>> You'd have better luck in "news.software.readers"; I've set followups to
    >>> that group.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
    >>>

    >> The user manual is even worse than the software.
    >>

    > Nonsence. *I've* read it and it contains quite probably the best
    > explanation of how regex works that I've ever seen.

    Just how *do* you post binaries with regex?

    Mike "is that PCRE?" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Jul 9, 2010
  13. ian field

    chuckcar Guest

    Mike Yetto <> wrote in

    > chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >> "ian field" <> wrote in
    >>

    >>> "Bert Hyman" <> wrote in message

    >>> The user manual is even worse than the software.
    >>>

    >> Nonsence. *I've* read it and it contains quite probably the best
    >> explanation of how regex works that I've ever seen.
    >>

    > Just how *do* you post binaries with regex?

    You don't. Regex *is* explained in the manual. Now was *that* so hard for
    you to understand?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 10, 2010
  14. ian field

    Mike Yetto Guest

    chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    > Mike Yetto <> wrote in
    >
    >> chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>> "ian field" <> wrote in

    >>> Nonsence. *I've* read it and it contains quite probably the best
    >>> explanation of how regex works that I've ever seen.
    >>>

    >> Just how *do* you post binaries with regex?
    >>

    > You don't. Regex *is* explained in the manual. Now was *that* so hard for
    > you to understand?

    The question was about posting binaries and you answered with
    regex. Is everything so hard for you to understand?

    Mike "stick with relativity" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Jul 10, 2010
  15. ian field

    thanatoid Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote in

    > Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting a
    > collection of files without constantly having to restart it
    > manually?

    Try deleting the entire registry branch. NOTHING that matters
    will change, and it has solved weird error messages and
    behaviors (although I never ran into THIS problem) for me MANY
    times. It's not even worth backing up before, although of course
    you are welcome to do so anyway.

    --
    The only thing you haven't tried
    Is the sport of chumps...

    thanatoid, Jul 10, 2010
  16. ian field

    chuckcar Guest

    thanatoid <> wrote in

    > "ian field" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting a
    >> collection of files without constantly having to restart it
    >> manually?

    > Try deleting the entire registry branch. NOTHING that matters
    > will change, and it has solved weird error messages and
    > behaviors (although I never ran into THIS problem) for me MANY
    > times. It's not even worth backing up before, although of course
    > you are welcome to do so anyway.

    Um. The OP should *FIRST* do a backup of the registry with
    registry->export. Then remove *only* the
    key: Hkey_Current_user/Software/Xnews. Do nothing else.

    Never give non-specific instructions when talking about regedit. It's far
    too dangerous.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 10, 2010
  17. ian field

    thanatoid Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote in

    > thanatoid <> wrote in
    >
    >> "ian field" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Any one know how to make Xnews get on with posting a
    >>> collection of files without constantly having to restart
    >>> it manually?

    >> Try deleting the entire registry branch. NOTHING that
    >> matters will change, and it has solved weird error
    >> messages and behaviors (although I never ran into THIS
    >> problem) for me MANY times. It's not even worth backing up
    >> before, although of course you are welcome to do so
    >> anyway.
    >>

    > Um. The OP should *FIRST* do a backup of the registry with
    > registry->export. Then remove *only* the
    > key: Hkey_Current_user/Software/Xnews. Do nothing else.

    A backup is NOT necessary in this case. Trust me.

    > Never give non-specific instructions when talking about
    > regedit. It's far too dangerous.

    The sanctity of the registry is MUCH over-stated. And if the OP
    is too stupid to understand what
    "deleting the entire registry branch" means when we are talking
    about a /specific program/, he should not operate a computer.

    thanatoid, Jul 10, 2010
  18. ian field

    thanatoid Guest

    Mike Yetto <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    >>> Just how *do* you post binaries with regex?
    >>>

    >> You don't. Regex *is* explained in the manual. Now was
    >> *that* so hard for you to understand?

    > The question was about posting binaries and you answered
    > with regex. Is everything so hard for you to understand?
    >
    > Mike "stick with relativity" Yetto

    You know, you were about the only guy I really had any respect
    for in that fucking n.s.r. group, but you are just being
    ridiculous. He made the point to stress the fact there is
    nothing wrong with the Xnews manual - using the quality of its
    explanation of regex as an example. Now, if you can't make THAT
    jump... And we both know you can.

    thanatoid, Jul 10, 2010
  19. ian field

    chuckcar Guest

    thanatoid <> wrote in

    > chuckcar <> wrote in
    >
    >> thanatoid <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> "ian field" <> wrote in

    >>> Try deleting the entire registry branch. NOTHING that
    >>> matters will change, and it has solved weird error
    >>> messages and behaviors (although I never ran into THIS
    >>> problem) for me MANY times. It's not even worth backing up
    >>> before, although of course you are welcome to do so
    >>> anyway.
    >>>

    >> Um. The OP should *FIRST* do a backup of the registry with
    >> registry->export. Then remove *only* the
    >> key: Hkey_Current_user/Software/Xnews. Do nothing else.

    > A backup is NOT necessary in this case. Trust me.
    >
    >> Never give non-specific instructions when talking about
    >> regedit. It's far too dangerous.

    > The sanctity of the registry is MUCH over-stated. And if the OP
    > is too stupid to understand what
    > "deleting the entire registry branch" means when we are talking
    > about a /specific program/, he should not operate a computer.

    Sigh. When I was working for that computer company on the phones (they
    since shutdown the center and moved elsewhere) we *always* had the
    customers make registry backups. Even the techs had to. Trust me, It's
    *necessary*.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 10, 2010
  20. chucktard wrote:

    > Sigh. When I was working for that computer company on the phones (they
    > since shutdown the center and moved elsewhere) we *always* had the
    > customers make registry backups.

    Ah so! You're an unemployed script-reading first-level-support phone
    jockey! "Elsewhere" probably means Bangladesh, right? Couldn't you
    join them there?

    What/who is "that computer company?"

    --
    -bts