    Anyone know how to delete servers in Xnews?

    (Win XP)

    Thanks.
    ian field, Jul 31, 2010

  2. ian field

    Moriz Voskov Guest

    ian field <> wrote:

    > Anyone know how to delete servers in Xnews?
    >
    > (Win XP)
    >
    > Thanks.

    Special > Setup Xnews >Tsb servers
    Pick the server you want to delete and click the delete button.

    --
    Do not do what you would undo if caught; Leah Ahrendt
    Moriz Voskov, Jul 31, 2010

  3. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "Moriz Voskov" <> wrote in message
    > ian field <> wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know how to delete servers in Xnews?
    >>
    >> (Win XP)
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > Special > Setup Xnews >Tsb servers
    > Pick the server you want to delete and click the delete button.

    Somehow I seem to have got in a tangle! - It won't let me delete an open
    profile and I can't see how to close the bloody thing!
    ian field, Jul 31, 2010
  4. ian field

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Moriz Voskov <> writes and having writ moves on.
    > ian field <> wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know how to delete servers in Xnews?
    >>
    >> (Win XP)
    >>

    > Special > Setup Xnews >Tsb servers
    > Pick the server you want to delete and click the delete button.

    For the OP I should add that the server you want to delete *must*
    be closed.

    Mike "won't even get an error message" Yetto
    In practice they are not.
    Mike Yetto, Jul 31, 2010
  5. ian field

    Mike Yetto Guest

    ian field <> writes and having writ moves on.

    > "Moriz Voskov" <> wrote in message
    >> ian field <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone know how to delete servers in Xnews?
    >>>
    >>> (Win XP)
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Special > Setup Xnews >Tsb servers
    >> Pick the server you want to delete and click the delete button.
    >>

    > Somehow I seem to have got in a tangle! - It won't let me delete an open
    > profile and I can't see how to close the bloody thing!

    Xnews is a Windows program, so, you might try closing the server
    tab/folder the same way you would any similar object in a Windows
    window.

    Mike "just for giggles, try right-clicking everywhere" Yetto
    In practice they are not.
    Mike Yetto, Jul 31, 2010
  6. ian field <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<ea15o.4870$Ki4.1532@hurricane>:

    >"Moriz Voskov" <> wrote in message
    >> ian field <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone know how to delete servers in Xnews?
    >>>
    >>> (Win XP)
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Special > Setup Xnews >Tsb servers
    >> Pick the server you want to delete and click the delete button.
    >>

    >Somehow I seem to have got in a tangle! - It won't let me delete an

    open
    >profile and I can't see how to close the bloody thing!

    Yeah its weird liek taht,mon. Find its ini file and remove the swerver
    manually. Then delete the .newsrc and .Xnewsrc files associated with
    the swerver and BLAM! DOne deal.

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 1, 2010
  7. ian field

    chuckcar Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote in

    > "Moriz Voskov" <> wrote in message
    >> ian field <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone know how to delete servers in Xnews?
    >>>
    >>> (Win XP)
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Special > Setup Xnews >Tsb servers
    >> Pick the server you want to delete and click the delete button.
    >>

    > Somehow I seem to have got in a tangle! - It won't let me delete an
    > open profile and I can't see how to close the bloody thing!

    You click on the little X in the top right corner. Just like everything
    else in MS Windoze. The trick here is that it's a well thought out
    design that maps multiple windows in a single frame. Does having more than
    one windows being open at a time confuse you?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Aug 1, 2010
  8. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "ian field" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "Moriz Voskov" <> wrote in message

    >>> Special > Setup Xnews >Tsb servers
    >>> Pick the server you want to delete and click the delete button.
    >>>

    >> Somehow I seem to have got in a tangle! - It won't let me delete an
    >> open profile and I can't see how to close the bloody thing!
    >>

    > You click on the little X in the top right corner. Just like everything
    > else in MS Windoze. The trick here is that it's a well thought out
    > design that maps multiple windows in a single frame. Does having more than
    > one windows being open at a time confuse you?

    Clicking on the little X with the server I want to delete open closes the
    whole app.
    ian field, Aug 1, 2010
  9. ian field

    chuckcar Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote in

    > "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >> "ian field" <> wrote in
    >>

    >>> "Moriz Voskov" <> wrote in message

    >>> Somehow I seem to have got in a tangle! - It won't let me delete an
    >>> open profile and I can't see how to close the bloody thing!
    >>>

    >> You click on the little X in the top right corner. Just like
    >> everything else in MS Windoze. The trick here is that it's a well
    >> thought out design that maps multiple windows in a single frame. Does
    >> having more than one windows being open at a time confuse you?

    > Clicking on the little X with the server I want to delete open closes
    > the whole app.

    So it does. You haven't *selected* which server at the bottom. Oh, and
    again: RTFM since you clearly have *never* done it.

    I'll even help you on that last one:

    Help->manual

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Aug 1, 2010
  10. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "ian field" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >>> "ian field" <> wrote in

    >>> You click on the little X in the top right corner. Just like
    >>> everything else in MS Windoze. The trick here is that it's a well
    >>> thought out design that maps multiple windows in a single frame. Does
    >>> having more than one windows being open at a time confuse you?

    >> Clicking on the little X with the server I want to delete open closes
    >> the whole app.
    >>

    > So it does. You haven't *selected* which server at the bottom. Oh, and
    > again: RTFM since you clearly have *never* done it.

    I read the manual - then read it again to see if it made any sense the
    second time!
    ian field, Aug 1, 2010
  11. ian field

    chuckcar Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote in

    >>> Clicking on the little X with the server I want to delete open
    >>> closes the whole app.
    >>>

    >> So it does. You haven't *selected* which server at the bottom. Oh,
    >> and again: RTFM since you clearly have *never* done it.

    > I read the manual - then read it again to see if it made any sense the
    > second time!

    Riight.

    I could be mean here as it appears I'm the only one here that knows the
    answer and is willing to help you - a not uncommon problem here recently
    - best wait over a month next time if you can.

    I'm really tempted too. You have shown a complete disinterest in
    treating others equitably AFAIK and aren't even willing to use what
    brain you simply *must* have on some matters.

    On top of which, there have been several occasions where *you've* been
    dead wrong - about electronics - and started thowing abuse *my* way
    because of it. Now I don't know if you have some physical problem
    such as a brain injury of some kind or a tumor or are just an ahole,
    but it *will* catch up to you if it's not the first two and sometimes
    when it's any.

    Fine. You click on the server button on the bottom line. And when you
    have a server open - or a cache open, you get *two* buttons on the top
    right. One on the outside and one on the inside. Guess which closes the
    server/folder and not xnews?

    Also when you have the server clicked, take a look at the status bar at
    the very top. What do you see beside "Xnews -"

    Now tell be how all the above isn't just annoyingly obvious now.

    When you use a new piece of software, walk through the menus,
    Completely. To see what they do. see what happens to any text or rest of
    the windows. *Everything* happens for a reason and once you know that
    reason, you understand how the interface was designed and how it *will*
    work.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Aug 1, 2010
  12. ian field

    Mike Yetto Guest

    ian field <> writes and having writ moves on.
    > "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >> You click on the little X in the top right corner. Just like everything
    >> else in MS Windoze. The trick here is that it's a well thought out
    >> design that maps multiple windows in a single frame. Does having more than
    >> one windows being open at a time confuse you?

    > Clicking on the little X with the server I want to delete open closes the
    > whole app.

    If you look closely you will see two "little x" icons in the top
    right corner. Click the one on the second row to close the child
    window and leave the parent window icon alone.

    Or just hit the <esc> key and free yourself from this inescapable
    tangle.

    If you read the fucking manual you would have seen where
    news.software.readers is the commended group for questions
    regarding Xnews.

    #v+
    Now that I've released Xnews to the net, I'm getting lots of
    email. So, if you have a question or problem, please:

    1. read this manual.
    2. read it again.
    3. try to figure it out yourself.
    4. try harder.
    5. ... and if you're still stuck, post your question to
    news:news.software.readers. If you do not have access to a news
    server, or if you have not set up a newsreader, you can try
    reading through Dejanews.
    #v-

    Mike "then RTFM a few more times" Yetto
    In practice they are not.
    Mike Yetto, Aug 2, 2010
  13. ian field wrote:
    > "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >> "ian field" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> "chuckcar" <> wrote in message

    >>> Clicking on the little X with the server I want to delete open closes
    >>> the whole app.
    >>>

    >> So it does. You haven't *selected* which server at the bottom. Oh, and
    >> again: RTFM since you clearly have *never* done it.

    > I read the manual - then read it again to see if it made any sense the
    > second time!

    I told you how to do it by deleting the files in the Xnews folder and
    sub folders, dolt.

    <shrugs>

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 2, 2010