    I can't see their homepage and their servers are down.
    Their answer phone service says they have evacuated the building.

    --
    Tilly, Sep 7, 2008

  2. Tilly

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-09-07, Tilly <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know what has happened to Xnet?
    > I can't see their homepage and their servers are down.
    > Their answer phone service says they have evacuated the building.

    Good idea. People are more important than any bussiness.

    See, fire is not something you always wish to fight by oneself, as an
    example.
    Gordon, Sep 7, 2008

  3. Tilly

    Tilly Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On 2008-09-07, Tilly <> wrote:
    >> Does anyone know what has happened to Xnet?
    >> I can't see their homepage and their servers are down.
    >> Their answer phone service says they have evacuated the building.
    >>

    > Good idea. People are more important than any bussiness.
    >
    > See, fire is not something you always wish to fight by oneself, as an
    > example.

    There was a fire?

    Evidence?

    Tilly, Sep 7, 2008
  4. Tilly

    Tilly Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On 2008-09-07, Tilly <> wrote:
    >> Does anyone know what has happened to Xnet?
    >> I can't see their homepage and their servers are down.
    >> Their answer phone service says they have evacuated the building.
    >>

    > Good idea. People are more important than any bussiness.
    >
    > See, fire is not something you always wish to fight by oneself, as an
    > example.

    Up again now.
    There was no fire.

    Tilly, Sep 7, 2008
  5. Tilly

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2008-09-07, Tilly <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know what has happened to Xnet?
    > I can't see their homepage and their servers are down.
    > Their answer phone service says they have evacuated the building.

    seems to be back up now.
    I've not checked their status page.

    I tried to revert to dialup, but found I had uninstalled PPP :)
    fun all round :)

    Bye.
    Jasen
    Jasen Betts, Sep 7, 2008
  6. Tilly

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2008-09-07, Tilly <> wrote:
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2008-09-07, Tilly <> wrote:
    >>> Does anyone know what has happened to Xnet?
    >>> I can't see their homepage and their servers are down.
    >>> Their answer phone service says they have evacuated the building.
    >>>

    >> Good idea. People are more important than any bussiness.
    >>
    >> See, fire is not something you always wish to fight by oneself, as an
    >> example.

    > Up again now.
    > There was no fire.

    yeah.

    -- quote http://www.xnet.co.nz/cgi-bin/status.cgi?id=396

    Network Status Report....

    This area details any issues that are currently present on the network:

    Type: unscheduled

    Subject: Power Outage

    Begin: 2008-09-07 13:25:00

    End: No ETA
    Body:

    There was a major power problem with the supply to the Auckland
    Exchange at 13.28 this afternoon and emergency services were called ,
    the building was required to be evacuated and due to the emergency
    services being on site we also needed to confirm that the power
    facilities were determined to be in a safe condition before service
    restoration procedures could begin.

    The majority of Services were restored at 15:00, work is ongoing to
    restore the remaining services.

    Last Updated: 2008-09-07 17:32:04
    Further Network Issues

    ------