    hi thinking of changing to xnet from xtra. anyone with reasons not to
    change or for , i would appreciate hearing from. thanks
    Gilbert
    trueone, Nov 19, 2007

  2. trueone

    EMB Guest

    trueone wrote:
    > hi thinking of changing to xnet from xtra. anyone with reasons not to
    > change or for , i would appreciate hearing from. thanks

    Faster, cheaper, decent helldesk, usenet server, cheap VOIP.

    Just do it, and find someone already on xnet and use them as the
    "friend"* who recommended you so they get the $50 credit.

    *Hint, I'm on xnet.
    EMB, Nov 19, 2007

  3. On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:07:50 +1300, EMB <> wrote in

    > trueone wrote:
    >> hi thinking of changing to xnet from xtra. anyone with reasons not to
    >> change or for , i would appreciate hearing from. thanks

    > Faster, cheaper, decent helldesk, usenet server, cheap VOIP.
    >
    > Just do it, and find someone already on xnet and use them as the
    > "friend"* who recommended you so they get the $50 credit.
    >
    > *Hint, I'm on xnet.

    Apple polisher!

    --
    Nicolaas.

    .... It is not what a teenager knows that bothers hir parents, it is how
    s/he found out.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Nov 19, 2007
  4. trueone

    EMB Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    > Apple polisher!

    Beats being an Apple user ;-)
    EMB, Nov 19, 2007
  5. On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:49:49 +1300, EMB <> wrote in

    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >>
    >> Apple polisher!
    >>

    > Beats being an Apple user ;-)

    Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Yesssssssssssssss.................

    --
    Nicolaas.

    .... Adolescent: 85% stomach, 15% mouth.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Nov 19, 2007
  6. trueone

    blanking Guest

    "trueone" <> wrote in message
    > hi thinking of changing to xnet from xtra. anyone with reasons not to
    > change or for , i would appreciate hearing from. thanks
    > Gilbert

    Well the helpdesk is about as helpful as most isp helpdesks. i.e if there is
    a problem at the isp end the helpdesk stonewall you, the helpdesk staff are
    the most arrogant I have come across with only 1 member I have spoke to so
    far that was not this way and I have rang many times. I have serious
    concerns about the speed and quality of data delivery, look into newsgroup
    archive for more details on this.
    blanking, Nov 19, 2007
  7. trueone

    Squiggle Guest

    blanking wrote:
    > "trueone" <> wrote in message
    >> hi thinking of changing to xnet from xtra. anyone with reasons not to
    >> change or for , i would appreciate hearing from. thanks
    >> Gilbert

    > Well the helpdesk is about as helpful as most isp helpdesks. i.e if there is
    > a problem at the isp end the helpdesk stonewall you, the helpdesk staff are
    > the most arrogant I have come across with only 1 member I have spoke to so
    > far that was not this way and I have rang many times. I have serious
    > concerns about the speed and quality of data delivery, look into newsgroup
    > archive for more details on this.

    My experiences differ somewhat from blankings'.. i have found the
    helpdesk to be more open about faults they have than other ISPs i have
    dealt with.

    Speeds were generally good (tho have been a bit slower recently)
    unfortunatley they seem to be using asianet for US traffic which screws
    any attempt to games on battle.net at times.
    Squiggle, Nov 20, 2007
  8. trueone

    trueone Guest

    "trueone" <> wrote in message
    > hi thinking of changing to xnet from xtra. anyone with reasons not to
    > change or for , i would appreciate hearing from. thanks
    > Gilbert

    Thanks for your input. I have taken blanking into account as well and have
    decided I will go with xnet. xtra email are not getting throught half the
    time.

    Gilbert
    trueone, Nov 20, 2007
  9. trueone

    blanking Guest

    "trueone" <> wrote in message

    > "trueone" <> wrote in message
    >> hi thinking of changing to xnet from xtra. anyone with reasons not to
    >> change or for , i would appreciate hearing from. thanks
    >> Gilbert

    > Thanks for your input. I have taken blanking into account as well and
    > have decided I will go with xnet. xtra email are not getting throught
    > half the time.
    >
    > Gilbert

    Don't forget to give us an update once you have once you have something to
    report especially once you use the helpdesk for a problem.
    blanking, Nov 20, 2007
  10. trueone

    trueone Guest

    "blanking" <blanking@brain> wrote in message

    > "trueone" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "trueone" <> wrote in message
    >>> hi thinking of changing to xnet from xtra. anyone with reasons not to
    >>> change or for , i would appreciate hearing from. thanks
    >>> Gilbert

    >> Thanks for your input. I have taken blanking into account as well and
    >> have decided I will go with xnet. xtra email are not getting throught
    >> half the time.
    >>
    >> Gilbert

    > Don't forget to give us an update once you have once you have something to
    > report especially once you use the helpdesk for a problem.

    Maybe you are right. Had email saying they couldnt get me on phone. had to
    ring them to confirm details. tried 2 hours so far and either once the
    transfer me it cuts off and I ring again or they tell me they are busy and
    ring in 10 minutes time. Have given up for now and probably rethink
    goingwith them now.
    trueone, Nov 23, 2007
  11. trueone

    Alan Guest

    "trueone" <> wrote in message

    {Snip}

    > Had email saying they couldnt get me on phone. had to ring them to
    > confirm details. tried 2 hours so far and either once the transfer
    > me it cuts off and I ring again or they tell me they are busy and
    > ring in 10 minutes time. Have given up for now and probably rethink
    > goingwith them now.

    I am astounded.

    I have never used XNet but I was following the discussion to see
    whether they might be a good option, and being skeptical I would
    assume they provide the best service / fastest response times on their
    sales lines.

    If that is what they are like BEFORE you sign up, it certainly does
    not bode well for later!

    --

    Alan.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address.

    ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb
    Alan, Nov 23, 2007
  12. trueone

    trueone Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in message news:fi5ise$leg$...

    > "trueone" <> wrote in message
    >>

    > {Snip}
    >

    >> Had email saying they couldnt get me on phone. had to ring them to
    >> confirm details. tried 2 hours so far and either once the transfer me it
    >> cuts off and I ring again or they tell me they are busy and ring in 10
    >> minutes time. Have given up for now and probably rethink goingwith them
    >> now.

    > I am astounded.
    >
    > I have never used XNet but I was following the discussion to see whether
    > they might be a good option, and being skeptical I would assume they
    > provide the best service / fastest response times on their sales lines.
    >
    > If that is what they are like BEFORE you sign up, it certainly does not
    > bode well for later!
    >
    > --
    >
    > Alan.

    Yes that is what I am thinking. In the end they said they will leave a
    message with some person and ring me monday.

    after this with their sales department I have to admit I am hesitant now
    and probably wont go ahead.
    trueone, Nov 23, 2007
  13. trueone

    Gordon Guest

    On 2007-11-23, trueone <> wrote:

    > "Alan" <> wrote in message news:fi5ise$leg$...
    >>

    >> "trueone" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >> {Snip}
    >>

    >>> Had email saying they couldnt get me on phone. had to ring them to
    >>> confirm details. tried 2 hours so far and either once the transfer me it
    >>> cuts off and I ring again or they tell me they are busy and ring in 10
    >>> minutes time. Have given up for now and probably rethink goingwith them
    >>> now.

    >> I am astounded.
    >>
    >> I have never used XNet but I was following the discussion to see whether
    >> they might be a good option, and being skeptical I would assume they
    >> provide the best service / fastest response times on their sales lines.
    >>
    >> If that is what they are like BEFORE you sign up, it certainly does not
    >> bode well for later!
    >>

    > Yes that is what I am thinking. In the end they said they will leave a
    > message with some person and ring me monday.
    >
    > after this with their sales department I have to admit I am hesitant now
    > and probably wont go ahead.

    Your assupmtion that Xnet wants more customers may not be true, or rather
    that they see it being more important in keeping the customers they have by
    giving them good service.

    Then again the sales section maybe going through a bad patch.

    Try to realise that the Xtra business model is not the only one
    Gordon, Nov 23, 2007
  14. trueone

    Donchano Guest

    On 23 Nov 2007 04:36:02 GMT, Gordon <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >On 2007-11-23, trueone <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Alan" <> wrote in message news:fi5ise$leg$...
    >>>

    >>> "trueone" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> {Snip}

    >>> I am astounded.
    >>>
    >>> I have never used XNet but I was following the discussion to see whether
    >>> they might be a good option, and being skeptical I would assume they
    >>> provide the best service / fastest response times on their sales lines.
    >>>
    >>> If that is what they are like BEFORE you sign up, it certainly does not
    >>> bode well for later!
    >>>

    >> Yes that is what I am thinking. In the end they said they will leave a
    >> message with some person and ring me monday.
    >>
    >> after this with their sales department I have to admit I am hesitant now
    >> and probably wont go ahead.
    >>

    >Your assupmtion that Xnet wants more customers may not be true, or rather
    >that they see it being more important in keeping the customers they have by
    >giving them good service.
    >
    >Then again the sales section maybe going through a bad patch.
    >
    >Try to realise that the Xtra business model is not the only one

    Come to think about it, Xtra was a pretty good ISP at first. Then they
    started promoting the brand to get new customers, but without
    improving the service first. So after one of their months long
    campaigns, existing customers had to put up with a service that
    couldn't cope with the increased pressure from new customers.

    Finally, if enough people complained, they'd make the improvements
    they should have made in the first place. And then the cycle would
    start all over again.

    Like most insurance companies, Xtra's focus has always been on
    attracting new business rather than providing good service.
    Donchano, Nov 23, 2007
  15. trueone

    Alan Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On 2007-11-23, trueone <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Alan" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> "trueone" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> {Snip}

    >>> I am astounded.
    >>>
    >>> I have never used XNet but I was following the discussion to see
    >>> whether
    >>> they might be a good option, and being skeptical I would assume
    >>> they
    >>> provide the best service / fastest response times on their sales
    >>> lines.
    >>>
    >>> If that is what they are like BEFORE you sign up, it certainly
    >>> does not
    >>> bode well for later!
    >>>

    >> Yes that is what I am thinking. In the end they said they will
    >> leave a
    >> message with some person and ring me monday.
    >>
    >> after this with their sales department I have to admit I am
    >> hesitant now
    >> and probably wont go ahead.
    >>

    > Your assupmtion that Xnet wants more customers may not be true, or
    > rather
    > that they see it being more important in keeping the customers they
    > have by
    > giving them good service.
    >
    > Then again the sales section maybe going through a bad patch.
    >
    > Try to realise that the Xtra business model is not the only one

    Xtra were a possibility too, but I think from the number of complaints
    I see in here that I won't be going with them - the Yahoo! / Bubble
    thing sounds like you had a nightmare time of it.

    I realise that those who have had problems are more likely to shout
    out that they hate Xtra than the 'merely satisfied masses', but that
    is probably also true in reverse for those of you that love 'em.

    Thanks,

    Alan, Nov 23, 2007