    http://www.bulldogblue.com

    "I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study
    mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

    Daniel A. Munz, Jan 16, 2005

  2. Daniel A. Munz wrote:
    > I am trying to load this page in Firefox:
    > http://classes.yale.edu/syllabus/plsc363b/
    >
    > When it loads, all I see is the code for the page, not the actual text of
    > the page. IE (shudder) displays the page correctly.
    >
    > Why is this? What can I do to fix it?
    >
    > Thank in advance,

    No IE is displaying it wrong. It is a text/plain file. FireFox on the
    other hand is displaying it correctly, showing the plain text that was
    written in the file. Another case of bad browser displaying bad code
    correctly.

    King of Red Lions, Jan 16, 2005

  3. "King of Red Lions" <thaynes/no_spam/@gawab.com> wrote in message
    > Daniel A. Munz wrote:
    >> I am trying to load this page in Firefox:
    >> http://classes.yale.edu/syllabus/plsc363b/
    >>
    >> When it loads, all I see is the code for the page, not the actual text of
    >> the page. IE (shudder) displays the page correctly.
    >>
    >> Why is this? What can I do to fix it?
    >>
    >> Thank in advance,

    > No IE is displaying it wrong. It is a text/plain file. FireFox on the
    > other hand is displaying it correctly, showing the plain text that was
    > written in the file. Another case of bad browser displaying bad code
    > correctly.

    Fair enough. So, is there any way to make Firefox get it wrong like IE?
    After all, my ultimate goal is to see the durn thing in Firefox.

    --
    Daniel A. Munz
    Yale University '06

    Daniel A. Munz, Jan 16, 2005
  4. Daniel A. Munz

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Daniel A. Munz wrote:

    > "King of Red Lions" <thaynes/no_spam/@gawab.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Daniel A. Munz wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am trying to load this page in Firefox:
    >>>http://classes.yale.edu/syllabus/plsc363b/
    >>>
    >>>When it loads, all I see is the code for the page, not the actual text of
    >>>the page. IE (shudder) displays the page correctly.
    >>>
    >>>Why is this? What can I do to fix it?
    >>>
    >>>Thank in advance,

    >>No IE is displaying it wrong. It is a text/plain file. FireFox on the
    >>other hand is displaying it correctly, showing the plain text that was
    >>written in the file. Another case of bad browser displaying bad code
    >>correctly.

    > Fair enough. So, is there any way to make Firefox get it wrong like IE?
    > After all, my ultimate goal is to see the durn thing in Firefox.

    Your best bet is to notify the Webmaster that the server is incorrectly
    identifying the page as text/plain instead of text/html. Firefox is
    doing exactly what it's supposed to do with the information sent by the
    server.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net