    2 gigs of pc3500 ram and plenty of hd space.

    thank you

    Arthur
    Arthur Rosene, Dec 17, 2005

  2. Sonar 5 is the 64 bit happening app right now. Haven't tried it myself
    yet....

    "Arthur Rosene" <> wrote in message
    > I was thinking. Mac's run better with 32 bit processors and have some of
    > the best music making software. I'm not a musician but would like to
    > experiment with some good production quality software that would run very
    > nicely on x64 64 bit. I have some decent amount of hard drive space to
    > use. soundcard is audigy 2 value and i am using the green analog

    speakers.
    > I was told that my christmas gift of dual core 2.2ghz processors was a
    > waste having a single core 3500 currently. I really thought it would
    > enhance the system speed very well overall.
    >
    > if someone could please point me to the software i want and need

    (something
    > very versatile and full range capable) just to see if i can create music
    > for myself that is unique -- that would run nicely with dual core 4200

    with

    Dennis Gordon, Dec 17, 2005

  3. Arthur Rosene

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 23:44:07 -0800, Arthur Rosene <>
    wrote:

    What kind of software do you need?
    To edit sounds? Soundforge 8, Steinberg Nuendo or Cubase SX
    To compose? Sibelius 4, Finale.

    Nuendo won't run on x64, as the dongle-drivers are 32-bit, but they might
    be working on an upgrade, you never know. It's a hell of a program, and I
    prefer it above ProTools.

    There are so many choices to fit your budget. Maybe you can be a bit more
    precise.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Dec 17, 2005
  4. well i remember a Apple CEO launch of an application that seemed to be the
    ultimate music making machine. i dont have any external midi interfaces so
    the music creation would have to be built inside the program. a friend of
    mine has produced a number of albums i believe all using his computer
    awhile back. www.skincage.com is the website and Axon is the cd in
    question. i thought to myself -- if he did that with that technology then
    -- what could i do at home now ?? basically i would like to have a music
    program that will allow me to create music on the computer from electronic
    to noisish-samplish (during the day) using both samples and program
    instrumentation. granted i dont have any background in music production.
    its mostly to see what i can do. again i will have dual core 4200's and 2
    gigs of ram and plenty of hd space and an audigy 2. support newsgroups
    would really come in handy.

    thank you

    Arthur

    Arthur Rosene, Dec 18, 2005
  5. If you have no experience in music production, something like Acid or
    Rebirth might fill the bill, although I have no idea if they are supported
    in 64 bit.

    Dennis Gordon, Dec 18, 2005
  6. Arthur Rosene

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 09:55:56 -0600, "Dennis Gordon" <>
    wrote:

    >If you have no experience in music production, something like Acid or
    >Rebirth might fill the bill, although I have no idea if they are supported
    >in 64 bit.

    My suggestion too. Acid Pro 5 runs on x64 (I use it on x64). You only have
    to install it partially manually, as the installer interrupts fro some
    reason. I think you can download a try-out version ate the Sony website.
    I use it to compose short background tunes for video's I edit.

    I don't know if Rebirth runs under x64. I don't use it.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Dec 18, 2005