    Nick
    I might try to copy this to an office help page too, but I generally find
    that 24hour is better.
    NOTTNICK, Mar 25, 2007

  2. NOTTNICK

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "NOTTNICK" <NOTTNICK(delete_this)@bellows.org.uk> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've just finished my trial of office 07. As it doesn't include outlook
    > with the education version I have just gone back to Office XP. Have
    > uninstalled the beta.
    > Unfortunately although I resaved all my files in xls rather than xlsx I
    > missed the most important file (on my desktop not in My Documents).
    > I have downloaded the reader from Microsoft,

    Maybe you could try the compatibility pack instead of the viewer:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...70-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&DisplayLang=en
    WhzzKdd, Mar 25, 2007

  3. NOTTNICK

    NOTTNICK Guest

    > "NOTTNICK" <NOTTNICK(delete_this)@bellows.org.uk> wrote in message
    >> I've just finished my trial of office 07. As it doesn't include outlook
    >> with the education version I have just gone back to Office XP. Have
    >> uninstalled the beta.
    >> Unfortunately although I resaved all my files in xls rather than xlsx I
    >> missed the most important file (on my desktop not in My Documents).
    >> I have downloaded the reader from Microsoft,

    > Maybe you could try the compatibility pack instead of the viewer:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...70-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&DisplayLang=en

    Ah, that's what I used sorry.
    I can't seem to find just a viewer - if I can, I could just copy and paste.

    Any other suggestions?

    Nick
    NOTTNICK, Mar 25, 2007
  4. NOTTNICK

    Moe Szyslak Guest

    "NOTTNICK" <NOTTNICK(delete_this)@bellows.org.uk> wrote:

    >"WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
    >> "NOTTNICK" <NOTTNICK(delete_this)@bellows.org.uk> wrote in message
    >>> I've just finished my trial of office 07. As it doesn't include outlook
    >>> with the education version I have just gone back to Office XP. Have
    >>> uninstalled the beta.
    >>> Unfortunately although I resaved all my files in xls rather than xlsx I
    >>> missed the most important file (on my desktop not in My Documents).
    >>> I have downloaded the reader from Microsoft,

    >> Maybe you could try the compatibility pack instead of the viewer:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...70-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&DisplayLang=en

    >Ah, that's what I used sorry.
    >I can't seem to find just a viewer - if I can, I could just copy and paste.
    >
    >Any other suggestions?

    Just a thought.. could you try and open it with Google Spreadsheets?
    Moe Szyslak, Mar 25, 2007
  5. NOTTNICK

    NOTTNICK Guest

    "Moe Szyslak" <> wrote in message
    > "NOTTNICK" <NOTTNICK(delete_this)@bellows.org.uk> wrote:
    >

    >>"WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
    >>> "NOTTNICK" <NOTTNICK(delete_this)@bellows.org.uk> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Maybe you could try the compatibility pack instead of the viewer:
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...70-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&DisplayLang=en

    >>Ah, that's what I used sorry.
    >>I can't seem to find just a viewer - if I can, I could just copy and
    >>paste.
    >>
    >>Any other suggestions?

    > Just a thought.. could you try and open it with Google Spreadsheets?

    A great idea but just tried - Google doesn't tale xlsx

    :-(
    NOTTNICK, Mar 25, 2007
  6. NOTTNICK

    Moe Szyslak Guest

    "NOTTNICK" <NOTTNICK(delete_this)@bellows.org.uk> wrote:

    >"Moe Szyslak" <> wrote in message
    >> "NOTTNICK" <NOTTNICK(delete_this)@bellows.org.uk> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message

    >>>Ah, that's what I used sorry.
    >>>I can't seem to find just a viewer - if I can, I could just copy and
    >>>paste.
    >>>
    >>>Any other suggestions?

    >> Just a thought.. could you try and open it with Google Spreadsheets?
    >>

    >A great idea but just tried - Google doesn't tale xlsx
    >
    >:-(

    Bummer.. Maybe someone will convert it for you? Or.. take the CD down
    to the computer store where all the display models have '07 installed
    and convert it there ;-))
    Moe Szyslak, Mar 25, 2007
  7. NOTTNICK

    > "NOTTNICK" <NOTTNICK(delete_this)@bellows.org.uk> wrote:
    >

    >>"Moe Szyslak" <> wrote in message

    >>> Just a thought.. could you try and open it with Google Spreadsheets?
    >>>

    >>A great idea but just tried - Google doesn't tale xlsx
    >>
    >>:-(
    >>

    > Bummer.. Maybe someone will convert it for you? Or.. take the CD down
    > to the computer store where all the display models have '07 installed
    > and convert it there ;-))

    Looks like the only option.
    I can't believe that I'm alone in this,
    Thanks for your time
    Nick
    NOTTNICK, Mar 25, 2007
  8. NOTTNICK

    NOTTNICK Guest

    > "Moe Szyslak" <> wrote in message
    >> "NOTTNICK" <NOTTNICK(delete_this)@bellows.org.uk> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Moe Szyslak" <> wrote in message

    >>>A great idea but just tried - Google doesn't tale xlsx
    >>>
    >>>:-(
    >>>

    >> Bummer.. Maybe someone will convert it for you? Or.. take the CD down
    >> to the computer store where all the display models have '07 installed
    >> and convert it there ;-))
    >>

    > Looks like the only option.
    > I can't believe that I'm alone in this,
    > Thanks for your time
    > Nick

    OK
    I have uninstalled Office xp
    Installed the 60 day trial
    Loaded my excel document
    Saved it as an xls file
    Now will uninstall 07 and re-install xp/
    What a drag!!
    At least I have the file.

    NOTTNICK, Mar 25, 2007
  9. NOTTNICK

    Moe Szyslak Guest

    "NOTTNICK" <NOTTNICK(delete_this)@bellows.org.uk> wrote:

    >"NOTTNICK" <NOTTNICK(delete_this)@bellows.org.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Moe Szyslak" <> wrote in message

    >>> Bummer.. Maybe someone will convert it for you? Or.. take the CD down
    >>> to the computer store where all the display models have '07 installed
    >>> and convert it there ;-))
    >>>

    >> Looks like the only option.
    >> I can't believe that I'm alone in this,
    >> Thanks for your time
    >> Nick

    >OK
    >I have uninstalled Office xp
    >Installed the 60 day trial
    >Loaded my excel document
    >Saved it as an xls file
    >Now will uninstall 07 and re-install xp/
    >What a drag!!
    >At least I have the file.

    What a pain in the ass. I'm surprised '07 didn't leave something in
    the registry that wouldn't let you re-install it.

    Next time... Don't use Beta software for mission critical stuff. <as
    if you needed to be told ;-)>
    Moe Szyslak, Mar 25, 2007