    so I thought I could use that. When I open the file it comes up with "Error
    Protested" I have not had this problem before opening xls files this way
    with Openoffice
    David Gethin, Nov 27, 2003

  2. David Gethin

    Wizard Guest

    Early versions were quirky ... get the latest version of open office.

    Wizard, Nov 28, 2003

  3. David Gethin

    Trent© Guest

    On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:19:59 -0000, "David Gethin"
    <> wrote:

    >I have downloaded a excel file for a Caravan Site Fee Calculator. I have not
    >got Microsoft Word to use it, but I can view it with the free Microsoft
    >Excel Viewer. I have got Openoffice, which you are able to open XLS files,
    >so I thought I could use that. When I open the file it comes up with "Error
    >Protested" I have not had this problem before opening xls files this way
    >with Openoffice

    Maybe that particular file IS password protected!

    Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...

    Trent
    Trent©, Nov 29, 2003
  4. David Gethin

    Michael-NC Guest

    "Trent©" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:19:59 -0000, "David Gethin"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I have downloaded a excel file for a Caravan Site Fee Calculator. I have

    not
    > >got Microsoft Word to use it, but I can view it with the free Microsoft
    > >Excel Viewer. I have got Openoffice, which you are able to open XLS

    files,
    > >so I thought I could use that. When I open the file it comes up with

    "Error
    > >Protested" I have not had this problem before opening xls files this

    way
    > >with Openoffice
    > >

    > Maybe that particular file IS password protected!

    OP- "but I can view it with the free Microsoft Excel Viewer"

    Which particular finger have you got up your ass tonight troll?
    Michael-NC, Nov 29, 2003