xilinx ISE8.2 error: XST779

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JayTee, Jul 11, 2007.

  1. JayTee

    JayTee

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Hi all,
    I am getting this error during the synthesizing my design :

    ERROR:Xst:779 - line 168: 'Others' is in unconstrained array aggregate.

    my code is :

    no_flow_counter : counter
    generic map (
    width => width_delay_before_no_flow_error,
    counting_up => '0',
    reset_counter_when_done => '0')
    port map (
    reset => reset,
    clk_counter => clk_1s,
    enable_in => no_flow_counter_enable,
    start_value => no_flow_counter_start_value,
    end_value => (others => '0'),
    count_out => open,
    done_out => missing_flow);

    can_go_off_counter : counter
    generic map (
    width => width_delay_before_shutdown,
    counting_up => '0',
    reset_counter_when_done => '0')
    port map (
    reset => reset,
    clk_counter => clk_1s,
    enable_in => off_counter_enable,
    start_value => off_counter_start_value,
    end_value => (others => '0'),
    count_out => open,
    done_out => off_counter_finished);
    why such an error occurs and how can i fix it?

    Thanks in advance
    JayTee, Jul 11, 2007

  2. JayTee

    sridar

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    hai,
    it will be easy if you send the full code.the thing is you can't assign the values to multidimensional array using the statement (others=>'0').
    sridar, Jul 11, 2007