    And yes, I did remove the foil tabs from the cartridges before installing.

    Any ideas?

    Using XP Pro.

    Moody Marco, May 7, 2004

  2. Moody Marco wrote:

    > Have just installed new cartridges, but when I print something (anything,
    > even a test page), the printer feeds in the paper, you hear the print heads
    > moving across, but the page comes out blank.
    >
    > Have looked in the properties of the printer and clicked the print align and
    > print head clean options, to no avail.
    >
    > And yes, I did remove the foil tabs from the cartridges before installing.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Using XP Pro.

    Is it the new Xerox "Infinink" model cartridge? Prints the
    10,000th page as clearly as the first. :)

    Any ink visible on the head? Give a gentle shake. You could
    try cleaning the gold contacts.

    Does that printer have a test mode? (eg holding down the
    page feed button when powering on)

    You say cartridges, have you tried in b&w and colour? Do the
    old cartridges still do something, or have you put the foil
    tabs back on them?

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 7, 2004

  3. Moody Marco

    Reid Decker Guest

    Try going back to the properties, delete all previous jobs, check for
    spooling settings, try printing direct to the printer RAW. Make sure it's
    the default printer and that the printer is not paused. It sounds like the
    printer is not getting data from the computer. I don't have one of those,
    but I have at least 20 printers. You may have to reinstall it.

    Reid Decker, May 7, 2004