    type M and type H. From what I see, the type H is faster. Am I reading
    this correctly? Thanks.

    Mike D.
    Mike Dobony, Jan 7, 2008

  2. Mike Dobony

    ASAAR Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 21:56:08 GMT, Mike Dobony wrote:

    > I just ordered a new Fujifilm E510 due to the 28MM equivalent zoom lens
    > and the AA batteries and the nice price. However, I have a question
    > about the XD memory cards it uses. I see 2 types of cards for this,
    > type M and type H. From what I see, the type H is faster. Am I reading
    > this correctly? Thanks.

    Yes, type H is faster, but you won't see any benefit if the camera
    can't make use of the greater speed potential. My guess is that the
    E510 won't benefit from type H cards, and may not even be fully
    compatible with them since I believe that type H cards weren't
    actually available for sale until some time in 2005, about a year
    after the E510 was introduced. Are you sure that the E510 that you
    are buying is actually new and unused? A quick look at Fuji's
    website shows S, F, Z and A series, but no E series cameras, nor is
    the E510 available new from any of the camera dealers I checked.
    ASAAR, Jan 8, 2008

  3. Mike Dobony

    Toby Guest

    "ASAAR" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 21:56:08 GMT, Mike Dobony wrote:
    >
    >> I just ordered a new Fujifilm E510 due to the 28MM equivalent zoom lens
    >> and the AA batteries and the nice price. However, I have a question
    >> about the XD memory cards it uses. I see 2 types of cards for this,
    >> type M and type H. From what I see, the type H is faster. Am I reading
    >> this correctly? Thanks.

    > Yes, type H is faster, but you won't see any benefit if the camera
    > can't make use of the greater speed potential. My guess is that the
    > E510 won't benefit from type H cards, and may not even be fully
    > compatible with them since I believe that type H cards weren't
    > actually available for sale until some time in 2005, about a year
    > after the E510 was introduced. Are you sure that the E510 that you
    > are buying is actually new and unused? A quick look at Fuji's
    > website shows S, F, Z and A series, but no E series cameras, nor is
    > the E510 available new from any of the camera dealers I checked.

    If you have a chance to confirm compatibility you should go with the H card,
    IMO. The original design disadvantage of the H cards, limited capacity, has
    been overcome, and I have noticed a marked speed improvement (clearing the
    buffer) in a Fuji F31fd P&S. Beyond that, it will definitely be faster when
    you transfer the contents to your computer. But do be sure it is compatible.
    I do not believe you will have a problem, however, as I have not seen
    anything about H cards not being backward-compatible.

    Toby
    Toby, Jan 8, 2008