    Is this a known problem with these cameras/cards?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Walter.
    Walter, Oct 17, 2005

  2. Walter

    Dave Cohen Guest

    "Walter" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have xD card with a lot of pictures which I really want to get off
    > the card. Problem is that my camera (Olympus C-7000) shows message to
    > either power the camera off or format the card, which I don't want to
    > do cause I would loose all the pictures. I guess the card got corrupted
    > for some strange reason. Does anyone know any way around it, or anyone
    > able to extract the data from the camera and restore the pictures (at
    > least some of them)?
    > Is this a known problem with these cameras/cards?
    > Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    > Walter.

    You need a card reader and suitable software, PhotoRescue is good, but needs
    to be registered to do the recovery. Do a google search on photo recovery
    software, there are some free ones out there but I can't speak for them.
    PhotoRescue is quite good..
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Oct 17, 2005

  3. Walter

    Anabella M. Guest

    Walter, RescuePRO from Sandisk is also quite good. It comes bundles with
    the Sandisk Extreme III CF and SD cards. works on all sorts of media.
    Maybe, if you're lucky and know some good people at a photo store near
    you that may have it installed on their system, they could recover the
    files for you. Never hurts to ask. How about the place where you
    purchased the camera?

    I hope you find a suitable program to recover your files.
    Good luck on recovering your pix!

    Regards, Anabella

    Anabella M., Oct 17, 2005