    Mechassault to sell/hire/lend ? Has to be the original with serial # L1
    at end I think.

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Aug 20, 2004

  2. bAZZ

    Karen Parker Guest

    ATTN: bAZZ

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:25:59 +1200, bAZZ <> wrote:

    >DOes anyone here or rather has anyone done the Mechassault hack to mod
    >an XBOX ?
    >If so have they also used a digital camera in place of a thumstick ? I
    >have one that is supported here
    >http://unmodded.mine.nu/docs/XboxUsbCompatibilityList
    >
    >If you have done so what version of linux did you use/find best. I have
    >a copy on a magazine cd of I think Mandrake. Any reports to its succes ?
    >
    >Finally if you have answered yes to all above do you have a copy of
    >Mechassault to sell/hire/lend ? Has to be the original with serial # L1
    >at end I think.
    >
    >bAZZ

    bAZZ tried to email you, it came back with a Spam block

    Karen Parker, Aug 20, 2004

  3. bAZZ

    Steve Guest

    Re: ATTN: bAZZ

    Karen Parker wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:25:59 +1200, bAZZ <> wrote:
    >

    >>DOes anyone here or rather has anyone done the Mechassault hack to mod
    >>an XBOX ?
    >>If so have they also used a digital camera in place of a thumstick ? I
    >>have one that is supported here
    >>http://unmodded.mine.nu/docs/XboxUsbCompatibilityList
    >>
    >>If you have done so what version of linux did you use/find best. I have
    >>a copy on a magazine cd of I think Mandrake. Any reports to its succes ?
    >>
    >>Finally if you have answered yes to all above do you have a copy of
    >>Mechassault to sell/hire/lend ? Has to be the original with serial # L1
    >>at end I think.
    >>
    >>bAZZ

    > bAZZ tried to email you, it came back with a Spam block

    Website looks a bit ood, but try xboxhacking.co.nz

    Steve, Aug 20, 2004
  4. bAZZ

    bAZZ Guest

    Re: ATTN: bAZZ

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:25:59 +1200, bAZZ <> wrote:
    >

    > >DOes anyone here or rather has anyone done the Mechassault hack to mod
    > >an XBOX ?
    > >If so have they also used a digital camera in place of a thumstick ? I
    > >have one that is supported here
    > >http://unmodded.mine.nu/docs/XboxUsbCompatibilityList
    > >
    > >If you have done so what version of linux did you use/find best. I have
    > >a copy on a magazine cd of I think Mandrake. Any reports to its succes ?
    > >
    > >Finally if you have answered yes to all above do you have a copy of
    > >Mechassault to sell/hire/lend ? Has to be the original with serial # L1
    > >at end I think.
    > >
    > >bAZZ

    > bAZZ tried to email you, it came back with a Spam block

    That's so strange women on the internet cannot harrass me Karen.

    Here ya go Rog

    bd22 at webnet.co.nz

    bAZZ, Aug 21, 2004
  5. bAZZ

    Karen Parker Guest

    Re: ATTN: bAZZ

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 12:46:31 +1200, bAZZ <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:25:59 +1200, bAZZ <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >DOes anyone here or rather has anyone done the Mechassault hack to mod
    >> >an XBOX ?
    >> >If so have they also used a digital camera in place of a thumstick ? I
    >> >have one that is supported here
    >> >http://unmodded.mine.nu/docs/XboxUsbCompatibilityList
    >> >
    >> >If you have done so what version of linux did you use/find best. I have
    >> >a copy on a magazine cd of I think Mandrake. Any reports to its succes ?
    >> >
    >> >Finally if you have answered yes to all above do you have a copy of
    >> >Mechassault to sell/hire/lend ? Has to be the original with serial # L1
    >> >at end I think.
    >> >
    >> >bAZZ

    >> bAZZ tried to email you, it came back with a Spam block
    >>

    >That's so strange women on the internet cannot harrass me Karen.
    >
    >Here ya go Rog
    >
    >bd22 at webnet.co.nz

    Yes sent you a e-mail after I found that in my e-mails

    Karen Parker, Aug 21, 2004
  6. bAZZ

    bAZZ Guest

    Re: ATTN: bAZZ

    In article <cg4j66$q7j$>, d says...
    > Karen Parker wrote:
    > > On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:25:59 +1200, bAZZ <> wrote:
    > >

    > >>DOes anyone here or rather has anyone done the Mechassault hack to mod
    > >>an XBOX ?
    > >>If so have they also used a digital camera in place of a thumstick ? I
    > >>have one that is supported here
    > >>http://unmodded.mine.nu/docs/XboxUsbCompatibilityList
    > >>
    > >>If you have done so what version of linux did you use/find best. I have
    > >>a copy on a magazine cd of I think Mandrake. Any reports to its succes ?
    > >>
    > >>Finally if you have answered yes to all above do you have a copy of
    > >>Mechassault to sell/hire/lend ? Has to be the original with serial # L1
    > >>at end I think.
    > >>
    > >>bAZZ

    > > bAZZ tried to email you, it came back with a Spam block
    > >

    > Website looks a bit ood, but try xboxhacking.co.nz

    Been there done that. Really looking for someone who has done it with
    success. Got a mate who wants to mod it to run linux but refuses to open
    case( so no modchip install possible) so thought about trying the
    savegame hack. Hoping to hear a local success story before we do it.
    Hate to break his xbox bios and have it not work.

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Aug 21, 2004
  7. bAZZ

    richard Guest

    Re: ATTN: bAZZ

    bAZZ wrote:

    > Been there done that. Really looking for someone who has done it with
    > success. Got a mate who wants to mod it to run linux but refuses to open
    > case( so no modchip install possible) so thought about trying the
    > savegame hack. Hoping to hear a local success story before we do it.
    > Hate to break his xbox bios and have it not work.

    Tell him to get over it and open the damn thing. I have seen several people that
    have stuffed there software load with the savegame exploits, and had to chip it
    anyway to boot a dash to fix it up.

    Anyway, its not like they are expensive.

    richard, Aug 21, 2004
  8. bAZZ

    bAZZ Guest

    Re: ATTN: bAZZ

    In article <2ODVc.16005$>,
    says...
    > bAZZ wrote:
    >
    > > Been there done that. Really looking for someone who has done it with
    > > success. Got a mate who wants to mod it to run linux but refuses to open
    > > case( so no modchip install possible) so thought about trying the
    > > savegame hack. Hoping to hear a local success story before we do it.
    > > Hate to break his xbox bios and have it not work.

    > Tell him to get over it and open the damn thing. I have seen several people that
    > have stuffed there software load with the savegame exploits, and had to chip it
    > anyway to boot a dash to fix it up.
    >

    > Anyway, its not like they are expensive.

    Yeah I agree but cannot convince him of that. Chuck in a 120 gig at same
    time and he would be laughing but he is on benefit and when he did the
    sums 100 for chip, 100 for HDD, 50 odd for someone to install it and
    then shipping to some stranger (in CHCH probably as we are in Dunedin)
    he baulked. Worked out more than the box cost.

    IMHO it would be well worth it but cannot convince him. His loss.

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Aug 21, 2004
  9. bAZZ

    richard Guest

    Re: ATTN: bAZZ

    bAZZ wrote:

    > Yeah I agree but cannot convince him of that. Chuck in a 120 gig at same
    > time and he would be laughing but he is on benefit and when he did the
    > sums 100 for chip, 100 for HDD, 50 odd for someone to install it and
    > then shipping to some stranger (in CHCH probably as we are in Dunedin)
    > he baulked. Worked out more than the box cost.
    >
    > IMHO it would be well worth it but cannot convince him. His loss.

    Did you suggest that he looks at the premodded ones on trademe? Thats gotta cut
    down on the costs somewhat..

    If your prepaired to put up with the font hacks, then a bios flash would be just
    as good, and the ones without a flash are just appearing on the market now so if
    he already has the box then taht would prob be all he needs

    richard, Aug 21, 2004
  10. bAZZ

    bAZZ Guest

    Re: ATTN: bAZZ

    In article <sqGVc.16074$>,
    says...
    > bAZZ wrote:
    >
    > > Yeah I agree but cannot convince him of that. Chuck in a 120 gig at same
    > > time and he would be laughing but he is on benefit and when he did the
    > > sums 100 for chip, 100 for HDD, 50 odd for someone to install it and
    > > then shipping to some stranger (in CHCH probably as we are in Dunedin)
    > > he baulked. Worked out more than the box cost.
    > >
    > > IMHO it would be well worth it but cannot convince him. His loss.

    > Did you suggest that he looks at the premodded ones on trademe? Thats gotta cut
    > down on the costs somewhat..
    >
    > If your prepaired to put up with the font hacks, then a bios flash would be just
    > as good, and the ones without a flash are just appearing on the market now so if
    > he already has the box then taht would prob be all he needs

    Never thought of trademe. Could be worth a look. Havn't looked into font
    hacks. Any good pointers to sites you know of. Up until last week I was
    ignorant of the savegame hacks and all the others. I was only aware of
    the modchip stuff and it was all new to me. I was curious when he
    suggested doing it and having someone elses box to try it on ws even
    better :)

    Thanks for the advice
    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Aug 21, 2004