    Just wondering before I invest in some new cables.
    TIA,
    Al

    Ali P, Sep 1, 2003

  2. On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 00:02:25 +1200, "Ali P"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >I currently hook up my XBox to the TV using a composite RCA connector (the
    >yellow one). This is the type of TV I've got ...
    >http://www.eprodz.com/ep/products.cgi?prod=2715&tab=1
    >If I used a component cable instead (red, green and blue) will this help to
    >get rid of the jaggies and aliasing that I get or will this actually worsen
    >it by making the resolution sharper. What about an s-video connection?
    >Just wondering before I invest in some new cables.
    >TIA,
    >Al

    TV's are a low res device and most have a 0.64mm dot pitch were a low grade
    PC Monitor would be around 0.28mm.

    A RGB Lead will give the best Pic.

    Robert Kramer, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Ali P

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <>,
    madknoxie <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Robert Kramer <> wrote:
    >
    > > >What about an s-video connection?

    > > A RGB Lead will give the best Pic.

    > Thats funny, when I bought some cables to connect my iBook with the
    > telly/vcr, the guy said that s-video will give better picture quality...
    > do you have some references? (I don't :) I'm quite curious about which
    > one is better.

    Oh wait, I think I'm thinking about RCA vs. s-video...

    --
    madknoxie

    madknoxie, Sep 1, 2003
  4. Ali P

    Bazz Guest

    Ali P wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I currently hook up my XBox to the TV using a composite RCA connector (the
    > yellow one). This is the type of TV I've got ...
    > http://www.eprodz.com/ep/products.cgi?prod=2715&tab=1
    > If I used a component cable instead (red, green and blue) will this help to
    > get rid of the jaggies and aliasing that I get or will this actually worsen
    > it by making the resolution sharper. What about an s-video connection?
    > Just wondering before I invest in some new cables.
    > TIA,
    > Al

    Hi Ali

    I use the svideo on mine. I get awsome pics and no jaggies. Is on an
    elcheapo 29" Transonic. Better than the rca connections.

    HTH
    bAZZ

    Bazz, Sep 1, 2003
  5. "Ali P" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I currently hook up my XBox to the TV using a composite RCA connector (the
    > yellow one). This is the type of TV I've got ...
    > http://www.eprodz.com/ep/products.cgi?prod=2715&tab=1
    > If I used a component cable instead (red, green and blue) will this help

    > get rid of the jaggies and aliasing that I get or will this actually

    worsen
    > it by making the resolution sharper. What about an s-video connection?
    > Just wondering before I invest in some new cables.

    Get the Advanced AV pack and plug into your TV through svideo connection -
    picture should be noticebly clearer

    Nathan Mercer, Sep 1, 2003
  6. On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 02:30:14 +1200, madknoxie
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Robert Kramer <> wrote:
    >
    >> >What about an s-video connection?

    >> A RGB Lead will give the best Pic.

    >Thats funny, when I bought some cables to connect my iBook with the
    >telly/vcr, the guy said that s-video will give better picture quality...
    >do you have some references? (I don't :) I'm quite curious about which
    >one is better.

    Yes I am that Reference, RGB is far better than S-Video

    Robert Kramer, Sep 2, 2003
  7. Ali P

    Myname Guest

    don't bother...

    xbox's tvout chip suck.

    i've a sony es29 drc, xbox and xbox's av high definition pack...

    makes no difference...

    with av high definition pack all u can see is cristal clear mosaics(big
    chunks) on DVDs. for games, i don't see any improvements.

    Myname, Sep 2, 2003
  8. > Get the Advanced AV pack and plug into your TV through svideo connection -
    > picture should be noticebly clearer

    No, dont get that, go to trademe and get a svideo or component cable from there.

    The advanced av pack is bought to you by the same company that sells a $40
    crossover cable. Its a rip.

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Sep 2, 2003
  9. Ali P

    Ali P Guest

    "Richard Malcolm-Smith" <> wrote in message
    > > Get the Advanced AV pack and plug into your TV through svideo

    connection -
    > > picture should be noticebly clearer

    > No, dont get that, go to trademe and get a svideo or component cable from

    there.

    > The advanced av pack is bought to you by the same company that sells a $40
    > crossover cable. Its a rip.

    Thats exactly what I was thinking of doing. There's a guy on there that
    sells them now and then for a buy-now of around $15 which seemed like a good
    price. Its some generic third-party brand, not official MS stuff. My TV has
    both an svideo and component input - which one is best?

    Ali P, Sep 2, 2003
  10. Ali P

    Kent Smith Guest

    "Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
    > In article <kzG4b.552$>,
    > says...
    > > Hi all,
    > > I currently hook up my XBox to the TV using a composite RCA connector

    (the
    > > yellow one). This is the type of TV I've got ...
    > > http://www.eprodz.com/ep/products.cgi?prod=2715&tab=1
    > > If I used a component cable instead (red, green and blue) will this help

    > > get rid of the jaggies and aliasing that I get or will this actually

    worsen
    > > it by making the resolution sharper. What about an s-video connection?
    > > Just wondering before I invest in some new cables.

    > RGB definitely is the best, this is essentially what is in a VGA
    > connector on a computer. Svideo also is better than composite.

    Almost. RGB carries a sync signal on the Green wire. VGA is RGBHV, that is
    two independent syncs for Horizontal and Vertical.

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Sep 3, 2003
  11. >>RGB definitely is the best, this is essentially what is in a VGA
    >>connector on a computer. Svideo also is better than composite.

    > Almost. RGB carries a sync signal on the Green wire. VGA is RGBHV, that is
    > two independent syncs for Horizontal and Vertical.

    RGB on scart derives the sync from the composite video signal. I think you are
    thinking of compoent where the green plug carries the luma signal, which has the
    sync too.

    There is sync on green used on some old monitors, but thats like prehistoric
    stuff...

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Sep 3, 2003
  12. Ali P

    Kent Smith Guest

    > >>RGB definitely is the best, this is essentially what is in a VGA
    > >>connector on a computer. Svideo also is better than composite.

    > > Almost. RGB carries a sync signal on the Green wire. VGA is RGBHV,

    that is
    > > two independent syncs for Horizontal and Vertical.

    > RGB on scart derives the sync from the composite video signal.

    Interesting. Never knew that. What about those Scart RGB to RCA RGB
    adapters? Do they move the composite sync back to the green?

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Sep 4, 2003
  13. Kent Smith wrote:

    > Interesting. Never knew that. What about those Scart RGB to RCA RGB
    > adapters? Do they move the composite sync back to the green?

    If its like the scart rgb to component on RCA adaptor I had a play with for a
    while, it does move it yeah.

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Sep 5, 2003