    play Halo AND watch my G flicks on the same machine... would save on that nasty
    outlet overloadin'.

    Thanks!

    Wade365, Sep 26, 2003

  2. Wade365 wrote:
    > Is the new GameShark software for the Xbox the same as the PS2 software
    > currently available, in that it has a region selection feature for DVD
    > playback? The GameShark website doesn't mention anything about it but that's no
    > suprise, they don't exactly hype that feature for the PS2 either as I'm sure
    > it's sort of a grey area legally or somesuch nonsense... I'd love to be able to
    > play Halo AND watch my G flicks on the same machine... would save on that nasty
    > outlet overloadin'.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Although I don't know for sure, I am inclined to say no. The Pro Action
    Replay, which generally also lets you do this for other consoles,
    doesn't on the XBox. A better option for the XBox is to go the mod
    route, they even have sodderless versions for about $50 these days. A
    modded XBox is superior to using a GameShark to play DVD's because it
    would also allow you to play the DVD's in progressive mode or turn
    Macrovision off. Check out www.xbox-scene.com for more info.

    Adios,
    ~Nick

    Nicholas Andrade, Sep 26, 2003