  1. saw this at the big boys toys the other days. It looked disappointing to
    me.

    The graphics are a little better, but same old games.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Nov 14, 2005

  2. news.xtra.co.nz

    XP Guest

    On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:00:05 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz" <>
    wrote:

    >saw this at the big boys toys the other days. It looked disappointing to
    >me.
    >
    >The graphics are a little better, but same old games.

    Yes and most older games will not play on it, a Very bad move..
    XP, Nov 14, 2005

  3. news.xtra.co.nz

    ardz Guest

    "news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote in message
    > saw this at the big boys toys the other days. It looked disappointing to
    > me.
    >
    > The graphics are a little better, but same old games.

    What games did they demo?
    ardz, Nov 14, 2005
  4. "ardz" <> wrote in message

    > "news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote in message
    >> saw this at the big boys toys the other days. It looked disappointing
    >> me.
    >>
    >> The graphics are a little better, but same old games.
    >>

    > What games did they demo?

    There was a car racing game i was interested in - but, it didn't look that
    much better to play than the ones on the ps2.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Nov 14, 2005
  5. news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > "ardz" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>saw this at the big boys toys the other days. It looked disappointing
    >>>me.
    >>>
    >>>The graphics are a little better, but same old games.
    >>>

    >>What games did they demo?
    >>

    > There was a car racing game i was interested in - but, it didn't look that
    > much better to play than the ones on the ps2.

    PGR3?
    There must have been something wrong with the setup of the unit or TV
    when you saw it - the graphics are noticebly better than PS2 and Xbox
    Nathan Mercer, Nov 14, 2005
  6. news.xtra.co.nz

    ardz Guest

    "Nathan Mercer" <> wrote in message
    > news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > > "ardz" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>"news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote in message

    > >>What games did they demo?
    > >>

    > > There was a car racing game i was interested in - but, it didn't look

    that
    > > much better to play than the ones on the ps2.

    > PGR3?
    > There must have been something wrong with the setup of the unit or TV
    > when you saw it - the graphics are noticebly better than PS2 and Xbox

    I would have assumed that Microsoft would have gone all out to show how
    great the graphics were ie run it in progressive mode via component on a
    Large screen TV or projector?. Does it support HDMI...I assume it would
    being Microsofts new toy?. I may be tempted to grab one depending on the
    initial price.
    ardz, Nov 14, 2005

    news.xtra.co.nz, Nov 15, 2005
  8. "Nathan Mercer" <> wrote in message
    > news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >> "ardz" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote in message

    >>>What games did they demo?
    >>>

    >> There was a car racing game i was interested in - but, it didn't look
    >> that much better to play than the ones on the ps2.

    > PGR3?
    > There must have been something wrong with the setup of the unit or TV when
    > you saw it - the graphics are noticebly better than PS2 and Xbox

    OK the gfx were a little better , but I expected more.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Nov 15, 2005
  9. XP wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:00:05 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>saw this at the big boys toys the other days. It looked disappointing to
    >>me.
    >>
    >>The graphics are a little better, but same old games.
    >>

    > Yes and most older games will not play on it, a Very bad move..

    A bad move? Are you really going to buy an Xbox360 to buy old Xbox
    games? It’s not a big deal to me. The last thing I’m going to want to
    do when I crack open the 360 is pop in an old Xbox game and play.
    Nathan Mercer, Nov 15, 2005
  10. news.xtra.co.nz

    Chris Hope Guest

    Nathan Mercer wrote:

    > XP wrote:
    >> On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:00:05 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>saw this at the big boys toys the other days. It looked
    >>>disappointing to me.
    >>>
    >>>The graphics are a little better, but same old games.

    >> Yes and most older games will not play on it, a Very bad move..

    > A bad move? Are you really going to buy an Xbox360 to buy old Xbox
    > games? It?s not a big deal to me. The last thing I?m going to want
    > to do when I crack open the 360 is pop in an old Xbox game and play.

    But what if you have some old favourites you still want to play, but
    don't want to have to clutter the room up with both an old console and
    a new one?

    Chris Hope, Nov 15, 2005
  11. news.xtra.co.nz

    XP Guest

    On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:09:53 +1300, Nathan Mercer <> wrote:

    >XP wrote:
    >> On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:00:05 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>saw this at the big boys toys the other days. It looked disappointing to
    >>>me.
    >>>
    >>>The graphics are a little better, but same old games.
    >>>

    >> Yes and most older games will not play on it, a Very bad move..

    >A bad move? Are you really going to buy an Xbox360 to buy old Xbox
    >games? It’s not a big deal to me. The last thing I’m going to want to
    >do when I crack open the 360 is pop in an old Xbox game and play.

    You seem to lack any logic I am referring to games that you already have Sony
    has made there PS3 fully compatible with ALL games..
    XP, Nov 15, 2005
  12. news.xtra.co.nz

    Jerry Guest

    XP wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:09:53 +1300, Nathan Mercer <> wrote:
    >

    >>XP wrote:

    >>>Yes and most older games will not play on it, a Very bad move..

    >>A bad move? Are you really going to buy an Xbox360 to buy old Xbox
    >>games? It’s not a big deal to me. The last thing I’m going to want to
    >>do when I crack open the 360 is pop in an old Xbox game and play.

    > You seem to lack any logic I am referring to games that you already have Sony
    > has made there PS3 fully compatible with ALL games..

    I'll agree with Nathan on this one. People that bought a PS2 that
    already had a PS1 got new games for it, they seldom if ever played their
    PS1 games on their new PS2. Compatiblity between consoles is no big
    deal. Someone buying a 360 is going to start with a new game or two for
    it, then slowly build up a collection. They will not buy any more Xbox
    or even really want to play the old stuff.
    Jerry, Nov 15, 2005
  13. news.xtra.co.nz

    Richard Guest

    Jerry wrote:

    > I'll agree with Nathan on this one. People that bought a PS2 that
    > already had a PS1 got new games for it, they seldom if ever played their
    > PS1 games on their new PS2. Compatiblity between consoles is no big
    > deal. Someone buying a 360 is going to start with a new game or two for
    > it, then slowly build up a collection. They will not buy any more Xbox
    > or even really want to play the old stuff.

    A shitload of people bought a PS2 to replace there playstation which had a
    cacked out laser in it, so dont count on having the old console around forever
    to play the games on.
    Richard, Nov 15, 2005
  14. news.xtra.co.nz

    Andrew Guest

    Jerry wrote:
    > XP wrote:
    >> On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:09:53 +1300, Nathan Mercer <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> A bad move? Are you really going to buy an Xbox360 to buy old Xbox
    >>> games? It’s not a big deal to me. The last thing I’m going to want
    >>> to do when I crack open the 360 is pop in an old Xbox game and play.

    >> You seem to lack any logic I am referring to games that you already
    >> have Sony
    >> has made there PS3 fully compatible with ALL games..

    > I'll agree with Nathan on this one. People that bought a PS2 that
    > already had a PS1 got new games for it, they seldom if ever played their
    > PS1 games on their new PS2. Compatiblity between consoles is no big
    > deal. Someone buying a 360 is going to start with a new game or two for
    > it, then slowly build up a collection. They will not buy any more Xbox
    > or even really want to play the old stuff.

    Im agreeing with roger on this one...
    Bought ps2 to replace the ps1, use the ps1 games in the ps2. Dont need
    two playstations set up just to be able to play all the games i own
    Andrew, Nov 15, 2005
  15. news.xtra.co.nz

    JC Guest

    Jerry wrote:

    > I'll agree with Nathan on this one. People that bought a PS2 that
    > already had a PS1 got new games for it, they seldom if ever played their
    > PS1 games on their new PS2. Compatiblity between consoles is no big
    > deal. Someone buying a 360 is going to start with a new game or two for
    > it, then slowly build up a collection. They will not buy any more Xbox
    > or even really want to play the old stuff.

    Hmm, I play my PS1 games on my PS2 quite a lot. I'd rather have
    compatibility then a whole lot of consoles cluttering up the room.
    JC, Nov 15, 2005
  16. Hi there,

    Nathan Mercer wrote:
    > XP wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:00:05 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz"
    >> <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> saw this at the big boys toys the other days. It looked
    >>> disappointing to me.
    >>>
    >>> The graphics are a little better, but same old games.

    >> Yes and most older games will not play on it, a Very bad move..

    > A bad move? Are you really going to buy an Xbox360 to buy old Xbox
    > games? It’s not a big deal to me. The last thing I’m going to want to
    > do when I crack open the 360 is pop in an old Xbox game and play.

    Its only a good move if you're on the payroll of the consoles
    creator... :)

    Sorry mate, couldn't resist...Woger has a point, I'd be happier
    to buy one knowing I could pull out one of the old faves for the
    sake of nostalgia, if no updated version were made for the new
    hardware...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.
    Chris Wilkinson, Nov 16, 2005
  17. news.xtra.co.nz

    Jerry Guest

    JC wrote:
    > Jerry wrote:
    >
    >> I'll agree with Nathan on this one. People that bought a PS2 that
    >> already had a PS1 got new games for it, they seldom if ever played
    >> their PS1 games on their new PS2. Compatiblity between consoles is no
    >> big deal. Someone buying a 360 is going to start with a new game or
    >> two for it, then slowly build up a collection. They will not buy any
    >> more Xbox or even really want to play the old stuff.

    > Hmm, I play my PS1 games on my PS2 quite a lot. I'd rather have
    > compatibility then a whole lot of consoles cluttering up the room.

    OK, sounds like more people than I thought still play older games. I
    sort of moved on to mostly the new ones, old stuff sits there unused for
    ages.
    Jerry, Nov 16, 2005
  18. XP wrote:

    > >> Yes and most older games will not play on it, a Very bad move..

    > >A bad move? Are you really going to buy an Xbox360 to buy old Xbox
    > >games? It's not a big deal to me. The last thing I'm going to want to
    > >do when I crack open the 360 is pop in an old Xbox game and play.

    > You seem to lack any logic I am referring to games that you already have Sony
    > has made there PS3 fully compatible with ALL games..

    It remains to be seen whether the PS3 is fully backwards compatible
    with ALL games, and in the meantime PS3 is vapourware - you will be
    lucky to see it by this time next year.

    Xbox360 is out next week, and it does have backwards compatibility for
    some games. Certainly my favourites are on the list as compatible:

    Grand Theft Auto 3
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas™
    Halo® 2
    Ninja Gaiden®
    Star Wars® Knights of the Old Republic® II: The Sith Lords™
    Nathan Mercer, Nov 17, 2005
  19. news.xtra.co.nz

    Bret Guest

    On 16 Nov 2005 18:12:02 -0800, "Nathan Mercer" <>
    wrote:

    >> >A bad move? Are you really going to buy an Xbox360 to buy old Xbox
    >> >games? It's not a big deal to me. The last thing I'm going to want to
    >> >do when I crack open the 360 is pop in an old Xbox game and play.

    >> You seem to lack any logic I am referring to games that you already have Sony
    >> has made there PS3 fully compatible with ALL games..

    >It remains to be seen whether the PS3 is fully backwards compatible
    >with ALL games, and in the meantime PS3 is vapourware - you will be
    >lucky to see it by this time next year.
    >
    >Xbox360 is out next week, and it does have backwards compatibility for
    >some games. Certainly my favourites are on the list as compatible:
    >
    >Grand Theft Auto 3
    >Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    >Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas™
    >Halo® 2
    >Ninja Gaiden®
    >Star Wars® Knights of the Old Republic® II: The Sith Lords™

    So you like beating prostitutes with a baseball bat Nathan?
    Bret, Nov 17, 2005
  20. JC wrote:
    > Jerry wrote:
    >
    >> I'll agree with Nathan on this one. People that bought a PS2 that
    >> already had a PS1 got new games for it, they seldom if ever played
    >> their PS1 games on their new PS2. Compatiblity between consoles is no
    >> big deal. Someone buying a 360 is going to start with a new game or
    >> two for it, then slowly build up a collection. They will not buy any
    >> more Xbox or even really want to play the old stuff.

    > Hmm, I play my PS1 games on my PS2 quite a lot. I'd rather have
    > compatibility then a whole lot of consoles cluttering up the room.

    Did you realise the Xbox360 is backwards compatible with Xbox games as
    listed at http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

    This list is expected to grow over time.

    Some games, like Halo2, have better graphics/look nicer on Xbox360 than
    they do on Xbox http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=h2anniversary
    Nathan Mercer, Nov 17, 2005