Xbox 360 might have HD-DVD (again!)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Guest, Jul 30, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Microsoft-Toshiba-HD-DVD-Alliance-Changes-Xbox-360-3902.shtml

    The Microsoft-Toshiba HD-DVD Alliance Changes Xbox 360

    The new console will include HD-DVD

    It didn't take long for the first effects of the partnership between
    Microsoft and Toshiba announced yesterday to appear. According to the
    statements made by Bill Gates in Japan, Xbox 360, the new gaming console
    will include HD-DVD drives. Considering that such a decision would postpone
    the launching date, Microsoft will equip the initial models with classic DVD
    drives, and only after the new HD-DVD are ready, the Xbox will incorporate
    them.

    Xbox 360 going into the HD-DVD side is an important advantage for Toshiba
    and in the same time a response to Sony's announcement that the new Play
    Station 3 will incorporate the Blu-Ray standard.

    Up until now, the Play Station sales exceed Xbox's, but the fact that
    Microsoft will be launched before PlayStation 3 makes some analysts say this
    situation will change.

    Gates also said that the Microsoft-Toshiba alliance is not a unilateral
    partnership and that many of the equipments manufactured by the Japanese
    company, such as the Tablet PCs will be based on Longhorn, Microsoft's
    future operating system.

    Guest, Jul 30, 2005

  2. Guest

    RKRM Guest

    How fucking stupid can Microsoft be? There goes my pre-order. Who in their
    right mind would buy a launch 360 when there is a better one coming? Give me
    a break. What a bunch of dumbasses.

    RKRM, Jul 30, 2005

  3. Guest

    Spungo Guest

    "RKRM" <> wrote in message
    > How fucking stupid can Microsoft be? There goes my pre-order. Who in their
    > right mind would buy a launch 360 when there is a better one coming? Give
    > me a break. What a bunch of dumbasses.

    IAWTP.

    Spungo, Jul 31, 2005
  4. Guest

    Mattinglyfan Guest

    "Spungo" <> wrote in message

    > "RKRM" <> wrote in message
    >> How fucking stupid can Microsoft be? There goes my pre-order. Who in
    >> their right mind would buy a launch 360 when there is a better one
    >> coming? Give me a break. What a bunch of dumbasses.

    > IAWTP.

    Sounds like Nintendo leaking that they are developing a new gameboy to
    compete with the PSP just a little after the DS is released. The only
    difference is, the DS only costs $150 and will still be functional. I am
    not going to re-buy a console for more than $300 for a feature they should
    have included or left out from jump.

    Mattinglyfan, Jul 31, 2005
  5. Guest

    flashman Guest

    Soon or later something better always comes along so if you ever wants to
    put out it will become second best and that's the way it is!

    flashman, Aug 2, 2005
  6. Guest

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    In alt.games.video.xbox Highlander wrote:

    > It didn't take long for the first effects of the partnership between
    > Microsoft and Toshiba announced yesterday to appear. According to the
    > statements made by Bill Gates in Japan, Xbox 360, the new gaming console
    > will include HD-DVD drives. Considering that such a decision would postpone
    > the launching date, Microsoft will equip the initial models with classic DVD
    > drives, and only after the new HD-DVD are ready, the Xbox will incorporate
    > them.

    Ok then. Thanks, Microsoft for telling me to buy a PS3 while you figure
    out this HD-DVD thing...

    Doug Jacobs, Aug 2, 2005