    Distributed Computing Projects:
    SETI at Home
    ClimatePrediction.net
    steve, Dec 9, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 9, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 9, 2004
  4. steve

    steve Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > steve wrote:
    >> http://www.xandros.com/news/press/release32.html

    > any idea when 3 free will be available?
    > I couldn't find a link, so assume it will be delayed.

    I have always bought a copy of the commercial version. The upgrade price for
    a "Premium" Xandros member is US$49.95....which is about NZ$70.....and I
    run Xandros on 4-5 systems at any one time....so that's about NZ$15 each.

    steve, Dec 10, 2004
  5. steve wrote:
    >>>http://www.xandros.com/news/press/release32.html

    >>any idea when 3 free will be available?
    >>I couldn't find a link, so assume it will be delayed.

    > I have always bought a copy of the commercial version. The upgrade price for
    > a "Premium" Xandros member is US$49.95....which is about NZ$70.....and I
    > run Xandros on 4-5 systems at any one time....so that's about NZ$15 each.

    thats nice... but not all of us run multiple machines.
    any idea on a link?
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 10, 2004
  6. steve

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:50:40 +1300, steve <>
    wrote:

    >Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> steve wrote:
    >>> http://www.xandros.com/news/press/release32.html

    >> any idea when 3 free will be available?
    >> I couldn't find a link, so assume it will be delayed.

    >I have always bought a copy of the commercial version. The upgrade price for
    >a "Premium" Xandros member is US$49.95....which is about NZ$70.....and I
    >run Xandros on 4-5 systems at any one time....so that's about NZ$15 each.

    Do you know if anyone in NZ is selling it yet? I asked the Linux Shop but
    they won't have it until January and don't have a price yet. The special
    upgrade price from Xandros expires at the end of December, but shipping is
    US$35. I'm not sure which will be the cheapest or fastest option.

    Maybe I'll just wait until the commercial version is available, it would be
    nice to be able to log on to the domain at work.

    BTW, what is a premium membership and how do I get one?

    Ray Greene.
    Ray Greene, Dec 11, 2004
  7. steve

    steve Guest

    Ray Greene wrote:

    > Do you know if anyone in NZ is selling it yet? I asked the Linux Shop but
    > they won't have it until January and don't have a price yet. The special
    > upgrade price from Xandros expires at the end of December, but shipping is
    > US$35. I'm not sure which will be the cheapest or fastest option.

    My first copy (Xandros 1.0) was a boxed set.

    Since then, I have bought the "ISO download" method of delivery. With 2mbps
    cable then and 2mpbs ADSL now, downloading an ISO only takes about 45-60
    minutes per disc.

    I have already downloaded the Xandros 3.0 Deluxe Install and Applications
    ISOs.

    steve, Dec 12, 2004
  8. steve

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:45:03 +1300, steve <>
    wrote:

    >Ray Greene wrote:
    >
    >> Do you know if anyone in NZ is selling it yet? I asked the Linux Shop but
    >> they won't have it until January and don't have a price yet. The special
    >> upgrade price from Xandros expires at the end of December, but shipping is
    >> US$35. I'm not sure which will be the cheapest or fastest option.

    >My first copy (Xandros 1.0) was a boxed set.
    >
    >Since then, I have bought the "ISO download" method of delivery. With 2mbps
    >cable then and 2mpbs ADSL now, downloading an ISO only takes about 45-60
    >minutes per disc.
    >
    >I have already downloaded the Xandros 3.0 Deluxe Install and Applications
    >ISOs.

    Maybe I'll do that. I like to get a manual with software but I have to admit
    I haven't really needed the manual for 2.0.

    --
    Ray Greene.
    Ray Greene, Dec 12, 2004
  9. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>> any idea when 3 free will be available?
    >>> I couldn't find a link, so assume it will be delayed.

    >> I have always bought a copy of the commercial version. The upgrade
    >> price for
    >> a "Premium" Xandros member is US$49.95....which is about NZ$70.....and I
    >> run Xandros on 4-5 systems at any one time....so that's about NZ$15 each.

    > thats nice... but not all of us run multiple machines.
    > any idea on a link?

    I've opened a ticket with them as Im kinda keen to try out the latest
    one but arent really in a position to buy one.

    Just about to boot into v2 to have a look to see if I can just "Xandros
    network" it down.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 13, 2004
  10. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >> thats nice... but not all of us run multiple machines.
    >> any idea on a link?

    > I've opened a ticket with them as Im kinda keen to try out the latest
    > one but arent really in a position to buy one.

    nope, not available yet, but they did send me a 45% off code, so thats
    kinda cool.

    > Just about to boot into v2 to have a look to see if I can just "Xandros
    > network" it down.

    and a no on that front too.

    Looks like I either shell out the money, or I wait, havent decided which
    yet.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 13, 2004
  11. steve

    Mike_P Guest

    >>> thats nice... but not all of us run multiple machines.
    >>> any idea on a link?

    >> I've opened a ticket with them as Im kinda keen to try out the latest one
    >> but arent really in a position to buy one.

    > nope, not available yet, but they did send me a 45% off code, so thats
    > kinda cool.

    How did you get that, Dave ?
    Mike_P, Dec 13, 2004
  12. Mike_P wrote:
    >>>I've opened a ticket with them as Im kinda keen to try out the latest one
    >>>but arent really in a position to buy one.

    >>nope, not available yet, but they did send me a 45% off code, so thats
    >>kinda cool.

    > How did you get that, Dave ?

    I logged a ticket that said the following.
    > I'd just like to know if your instructions are wrong, or right as the
    > bitorrant link points to http://www.xandros.com/torrent/xandros-
    > 201-ocd-installation.zip.torrent and I would have thought it should
    > point to a file with 3 in the name, not 201
    >
    > more than willing to
    > be corrected though :)

    and they sent me the following.
    2.01 is the version of Xandros we have available for free download. We
    havn't come out with a v.3.0 free download yet. Here's a coupon for 45%
    off a purchase of our deluxe or standard edition: c0d3_5|\|1pp3d

    of course c0d3_5|\|1pp3d = code_snipped

    if anyone wants it, email me,
    removing "not." of course.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 13, 2004