    I have several similar PCs that I can use for experimenting and testing so I
    think that all I need is a little guidance.
    Anyone?

    KiwiBrian, Jan 17, 2008

  2. In article <fmm7eq$4pr$>, KiwiBrian did write:

    > I am attempting to set up a local server on one of my XP SP2 PCs to use
    > for local testing of PHP and simple MYSQL database sites.

    Why?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 17, 2008

  3. KiwiBrian

    KiwiBrian Guest

    > In article <fmm7eq$4pr$>, KiwiBrian did write:
    >
    >> I am attempting to set up a local server on one of my XP SP2 PCs to use
    >> for local testing of PHP and simple MYSQL database sites.

    > Why?

    "for local testing of PHP and simple MYSQL database sites."

    Do you recommend an alternative approach?

    KiwiBrian, Jan 17, 2008
  4. KiwiBrian wrote:
    >> In article <fmm7eq$4pr$>, KiwiBrian did write:
    >>> I am attempting to set up a local server on one of my XP SP2 PCs to use
    >>> for local testing of PHP and simple MYSQL database sites.

    >> Why?

    > "for local testing of PHP and simple MYSQL database sites."
    >
    > Do you recommend an alternative approach?

    ogod, don't ask him that.

    He'll go on for ages and probably forget to mention that you could do a LAMP
    install as a menu item from an ubuntu server cd.

    Mark Robinson, Jan 17, 2008
  5. In article <fmn27j$kq1$>, KiwiBrian did write:

    >> In article <fmm7eq$4pr$>, KiwiBrian did write:
    >>
    >>> I am attempting to set up a local server on one of my XP SP2 PCs to use
    >>> for local testing of PHP and simple MYSQL database sites.

    >> Why?

    > Do you recommend an alternative approach?

    Do it on a Linux installation. At least you'll learn another useful job
    skill that way.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 17, 2008