    Problem is, for 64-bit programs it will redirect to where I changed it to
    but the 32-bit ones just won't, it'll keep going into "C:\Program Files
    (x86)" directory... Is there something I missed? Please help ;) Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgRC4=?=, May 27, 2006

  2. I am not sure you can do this at all. The redirection is carried out behind
    the scenes, and I think that the system depends entirely on this practice in
    order to do the 64/32bit trick. The processor is having no problems running
    both types of processes - it is specifically built to do that, but the OS
    needs to maintain an Iron Hand in a Steel Glove to manage the task.

    Tony. . .

    PS. I, myself is the sort of person that used to dream up various schemes to
    set-up's that would fit in more nicely with my own way of working, and I
    deliberately kept away from XP and stayed with my trusted Win2K until the
    64bit came along. This is becoming so complex that you risk sabotaging your
    self, I strongly advice to get used to sticking with the way of the system.
    It will be aggravating at times, but it will be nice to. So much you can
    stop thinking and worrying about.

    ------

    Tony Sperling, May 27, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgRC4=?=

    DP Guest

    "Tony Sperling" <> wrote in message
    >This is becoming so complex that you risk sabotaging your self, I strongly
    >advice to get used to sticking with the way of the system. It will be
    >aggravating at times, but it will be nice to. So much you can stop thinking
    >and worrying about.

    The System is Your Friend, Steve.

    DP, May 27, 2006
  4. Re: x86 Program Files directory (registry keys) change makes no ef

    > The System is Your Friend, Steve.

    Indeed DP... well I just resized the partitions and Ghost the x64 back to
    C:... guess I'll just have to keep them at default location now huh :D Well
    that's alright ;) I don't use that PC too often anyway.

    Thanks again.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgRC4=?=, May 27, 2006
  5. Re: x86 Program Files directory (registry keys) change makes no ef

    You can move it, but I don't recommend it. Look in the WOW6432Node for the
    locations of what you need to change.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 27, 2006
  6. You don't want to change these after installing.
    You can change them before install by creating a slipstream install (via
    tools like nLite).

    Even then you have a minor problem with the install being a little off:
    - WordPad (path) entries in the registry are not updated durring install,
    need to do a search/replace
    - There some other files that are still added to the old ProgramFiles path,
    these can be moved into the 'correct' folder after install (the paths in the
    registry are correct).

    I set my ProgramFiles path to c:\App (and c:\App(86), and the SetupFiles
    path to c:\Set.
    Been running like this since Jan without a problem.

    cmk

    Chris Kushnir, May 27, 2006