    windows on the same hd but on a different partition?

    -just wonderin becuase if it works that way then i'll spend the $150
    for tiger

    Uplink, Feb 2, 2006

  2. Uplink

    bmoag Guest

    No.
    The new Mac OS is incompatible with prior cpus.
    Many, not all, Mac Programs designed for the prior OS, which abandoned users
    of its predecessor, will run on the x86 Mac OS through a built in kludge. Of
    course there are not that many Mac programs anyway for OSXetc.
    As of now I am not aware of third party programs for the new Mac OS or that
    Mac has released anything other than the utilities that ship with the OS,
    including the Apple knock-off of Photoshop they are calling Aperture.
    My impression is that the Mac x86 OS will run on any x86 system but for one
    problem: no drivers for anything other than the specifc Intel chip set and
    the 1 or 2 video cards Apple supports. So far there is little info about
    third party driver support for the Mac x86 OS for new or existing hardware.
    Unless there is a clear move to market the Mac x86 OS as an alternative to
    Windows for the existing Wintel base I would not hold my breath about
    hardware driver support being forthcoming given the miniscule market share
    for Apple only hardware.

    bmoag, Feb 2, 2006

  3. Uplink

    /nul Guest

    On 1 Feb 2006 16:33:28 -0800, "Uplink" <> wrote:

    >I have heard of the new iBook that uses an intel processor, x86, does
    >that mean Tiger will be able to boot on a intel x86 computer with
    >windows on the same hd but on a different partition?
    >
    >-just wonderin becuase if it works that way then i'll spend the $150
    >for tiger

    What's tiger?

    /nul, Feb 3, 2006
  4. Uplink

    Uplink Guest

    sry, Tiger is the new Mac OS, it's a codename.

    Tiger is Mac OS 10.4, they started to name their 10.x versions

    Uplink, Feb 4, 2006