x64bit operating system

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?cGF1bGFsb3U=?=, Oct 21, 2005.

  1. can you try the trial version on a 32 bit computer or is this just for 64 bit
    computers please help because i would like to see if there is any difference

    =?Utf-8?B?cGF1bGFsb3U=?=, Oct 21, 2005

  2. No, no! Standard 32bit software runs fine on the AMD64 - 64bit software will
    not run on a 32bit processor.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 21, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cGF1bGFsb3U=?=

    Rick Guest

    Windows x64 will only run on a 64-bit enable CPU - either an AMD Opteron
    or Athlon 64, or an Intel with EM64T extensions.

    It will not run on a 32-bit x86 CPU.

    Rick, Oct 21, 2005