    and i have the x64 drivers and i load them w/ f6 when x64 OS is starting to
    install

    why cant i still see the hard drive? thanks for the help guys

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=, Jun 16, 2005

  2. TankEngine <> wrote:
    > Hi Guys, im not a newbie, im a engineer, I have a Chaintech ZNF 150
    > Mobo with a seagate ST3120026AS sata hard drive, i load the Latest
    > drivers from Silicon for the x64 OS because thats what the Mobo has
    > on it, a Silicon Raid controller, so...... I load the drivers then
    > boom, i get ready to install windows and it said there is no hard
    > drive detected,
    >
    > i simply dont understand, i have XP loaded on my sata drive right
    > now, im just trying to upgrade.
    >
    > I have a
    >
    > AMD 64 3400
    > Chaintech ZNF 150
    > BFG 6800 Ultra
    > 1gig Kingston Ram
    > Seagate 120 GIG HD
    >
    > so what am i doing wrong? I know how to make the Sata work right now
    > on XP and i have the x64 drivers and i load them w/ f6 when x64 OS is
    > starting to install
    >
    > why cant i still see the hard drive? thanks for the help guys

    I don't know so far, what I kniow is that you'll never be able to upgrade
    your OS.
    It must be a clean install, there is not update or upgrade from XPx86 to x64
    possible.
    But it doesn't help you so far

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 16, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Suggestion:
    Do you have two such drives and want to configure them as a SATA RAID
    array? If so, set the BIOS accordingly, choose RAID mode and load the F6
    RAID drivers when
    installing the OS.

    If you are not going to use a RAID array, set the controller BIOS for
    IDE rather than RAID and do not load F6 raid drivers when installing the
    system.

    Other matters:
    Are you intending to install Windows XP 64 bit in a dual-boot
    arrangement? That is possible. Create a separate partition on the drive
    for it first.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    :

    Tom Ferguson, Jun 16, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=

    -Dan- Guest

    My experience with x64 and SATA RAID went something similar to yours. I
    have 2 SATAs and 0 PATAs. My BIOS boot sequence was

    1. Floppy
    2. CDROM
    3. Hard Drive
    4. Other
    a. SATA 1
    b. SATA 2
    c. something else??

    The system came with 32 bit XP installed on SATA 1, not authenticated and no
    CD. I wanted RAID with x64, so the 32 bit version had to go. I hadn't paid
    for it anyway, so no biggy there.

    So I set about setting up RAID in the BIOS. I had to get the RAID driver
    from nVidia. x64 wouldn't detect the array, tossing out an eror message to
    the effect of "no hard drive found". Well, after several hair pulling
    sessions, I decided to try to force x64 to detect the array. So I tried
    disabling the boot sequence as follows:

    1. CDROM
    2. Disabled
    3. Disabled
    4. Other
    a. SATA 1
    b. SATA 2
    c. something else??

    This worked like a charm, just like it was supposed to. I don't really know
    how to describe this other than x64 could not get past the "missing" hard
    drive.

    Hope this helps you, or someone else.

    -Dan-, Jun 17, 2005
  5. Guys, I have 1 sata hard drive, now i have the x64 bit drivers but!!! they
    are not being detected by X64 OS, and yes i am doing a clean install

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=, Jun 17, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    OK. You do _not_ want to install RAID drivers when installing the
    operating system. Either use a suitable tool and format the SATA drive
    with at least one partition (primary) and optionally, one or more drives
    in an Extended partition or install to a blank disk and let the install
    routines create the disk partition. IMPT:Assure that the BIOS is set for
    IDE rather than RAID on the SATA drive.

    Tom
    MSMBP

    : "-Dan-" wrote:
    :
    : > My experience with x64 and SATA RAID went something similar to
    yours. I
    : > have 2 SATAs and 0 PATAs. My BIOS boot sequence was
    : >
    : > 1. Floppy
    : > 2. CDROM
    : > 3. Hard Drive
    : > 4. Other
    : > a. SATA 1
    : > b. SATA 2
    : > c. something else??
    : >
[...]
    : > |
    : > | i simply dont understand, i have XP loaded on my sata drive right
    now, im
    : > | just trying to upgrade.
    : > |
    : > | I have a
    : > |
    : > | AMD 64 3400
    : > | Chaintech ZNF 150
    : > | BFG 6800 Ultra
    : > | 1gig Kingston Ram
    : > | Seagate 120 GIG HD
    : > |
    : > | so what am i doing wrong? I know how to make the Sata work right
    now on XP
    : > | and i have the x64 drivers and i load them w/ f6 when x64 OS is
    starting
    : > | install
    : > |

    Tom Ferguson, Jun 17, 2005