x64 Won't load sigmatel drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q3V5bGVy?=, Oct 12, 2006.

  1. Ever since beta two my sigmatel high definition x64 drivers won't load. In
    fact, when I check Control Panel, Add Hardware, no sigmatel is even listed.

    I am running RC2 on a Gateway GM5048 with 2gb memory. Under Windows Xp the
    following drivers for audio are loaded:

    ATI unified AVstream driver
    Audio Codecs
    Legacy Audio drivers
    Legacy Video Capture devices
    Media control devices
    SigmaTel High Definiton Audio CODEC
    Unimodem half duplex audio device
    Video Codecs

    I would have thought the same would be loaded under Vixta x64 with the
    exception that Sigmatel high definition audio codec x64 would have been
    loaded. Instead, only the following are loaded:

    ATI Unified AVStream Driver
    High Definition Audio Device.

    Audio works. However, when I check audio under control panel, no recording
    devices are present. Can't get a recording device to show up.

    Anyone know how to get the proper codecs to load?
    Cuyler Smith
    =?Utf-8?B?Q3V5bGVy?=, Oct 12, 2006

  2. You can try pointing to the drivers for your sigmatel and installing them.
    But if they're not signed drivers (and I'd wager they are not), then they
    can't be used in Vista x64 and you'll have to wait for your OEM to provide
    drivers.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 12, 2006

  3. Thanks, Charlie.

    Found Sigmatel drivers for Windows XP x64 on Gateway website and installed
    them. Microphone now works. However, I think I should have the legacy
    drivers, Unimodem half duplex drivers, video codecs, and media control
    devices load also. These usually load with the sound card driver, don't
    they? If not, where can one get them?
    --
    Cuyler Smith

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3V5bGVy?=, Oct 12, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q3V5bGVy?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Those aren't actually devices in your computer and no longer show up in
    Vista's device manager.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Oct 12, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q3V5bGVy?=

    cwhite Guest

    Cuyler, where did you find Sigmatel drivers for Win XP x64 on Gateway
    website? Can you post the link? I've been looking for this and
    Broadcom, Marvel, etc. x64 drivers for my new MX6453.

    Curtis

    cwhite, Oct 24, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q3V5bGVy?=

    br0adband Guest

    New member, 1st post. I've got a Gateway MX6931 Core 2 Duo laptop I got
    about a week ago and I've got full support for everything (had to track
    down the drivers of course) for everything -except- the Sigmatel onboard
    audio.

    I can't figure out specifically which Sigmatel chip it is, but I
    believe it's in the 92xx series. I've tried like 40+ different sets of
    drivers I've located in the past few days, and -not one set- has worked
    under XP64 and I have to say I'm getting really discouraged over this.

    Just one single component and I can't get it working - and I love music
    so that's a non-negotiable thing for me. I have to get sound working or
    I simply can't use XP64, and would really like to.

    I did some fairly thorough searching of Gateway's entire website and
    located a document or two on the site as well as something at their
    support forums where a Gateway rep flat out said "We don't sell 64 bit
    operating systems so you're out of luck expecting drivers from us,"
    more or less - that's not an exact quote, but he was explicitly clear
    saying they just don't do 64 bit stuff.

    Seemed odd when I read it, but since I can't -any- 64 bit drivers for
    -any- product on Gateway's driver support section, I don't know where
    else to turn.

    It's an Intel 945GM based chipset on the laptop mobo, and although
    Windows Update had the "Microsoft Corporation - Other Hardware -
    Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio" driver it tried to
    load but it's ineffective and still dead.

    I'm at a loss as to what to do at this point. I'm fairly experienced
    when it comes to getting drivers working across various versions of
    Windows, but this time I'm simply stumped and peeved about it.

    If the OP above actually located -some kind of working 64 bit driver-
    from Gateway that's for Sigmatel onboard audio and Windows XP
    Professional 64 Bit Edition, I'd sure love to get a link to the drivers
    or a link to Gateway's specific site with the drivers because I've tried
    for hours to locate some at Gateway and as far as I can tell, they
    simply don't exist.

    Hope the OP can help... there are quite a few of us that would love to
    have sound under XP64 with the Sigmatel hardware.

    Thanks...

    --
    br0adband
    br0adband's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=19556

    http://www.techarena.in
    br0adband, Nov 24, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q3V5bGVy?=

    Dshai Guest

    This ia perhaps a place to look, no promises of course but worht a shot:
    http://list.driverguide.com/list/company1690/index.html

    Dshai, Nov 24, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Q3V5bGVy?=

    DP Guest

    Also, have you tried http://www.planetamd64.com/ ?

    DP, Nov 24, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q3V5bGVy?=

    br0adband Guest

    Most definitely.

    As I said, I've tried about 40+ driver sets from various locations,
    some are old, some are new (just found some at Dell's support site
    dated 11/2/2006 so those are the latest I've been able to locate) on
    countless reinstalls of XP64 - thank god for True Image which lets me
    start over totally clean in 6 mins.

    It's just unbelievably frustrating to get this working. Right now I've
    gone back to Vista Ultimate 64 for the time being, hoping that I can
    find out why the available drivers aren't working.

    I keep thinking that Gateway might have done something to this
    particular Sigmatel chip that doesn't allow other drivers to work, but
    I don't have any proof of it.

    Those latest Dell drivers simply fail to load; they install, but the
    device won't start because it says the drivers aren't/can't load and I
    can't figure that part out yet.

    Oh well, I'll keep trying...

    bb

    br0adband, Nov 24, 2006