    Linksys router
    Cable modem
    etc.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=, Nov 14, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

    Theo Guest

    No you happen to have a board with nVidia chips?

    Theo, Nov 14, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If you do have the nVidia chipset, you will have to install the supplied
    firewall, and then uninstall it from add/remove programs. This has been a
    fairly common problem.

    John Barnes, Nov 14, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Mike:
    Open 32-bit IE, go to tools/manage add-ons, disable all add-ons,
    close IE. Reopen 32-bit IE, if it responds normally one of the add-ons was
    the cause. Enabling each add-on one at a time will isolate the conflicting
    add-on.

    Dennis Pack, Nov 14, 2006
  5. John -

    Yes I do have the NVidia chipset - Whose firewall do I install then
    uninstall? I am assuming you mean the one that came with the motherboard
    (Foxconn).
    I will check the CD for it - if you have a link to DL please provide - thanks.

    BTW - I tried disabling all the add ons and that mode no impact.

    M.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=, Nov 14, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I don't have a link, but it is a question asked during the install of the
    chipset drivers, if I recall. You could look on nVidia site for the latest
    chipset driver package.

    John Barnes, Nov 14, 2006
  7. The firewall is the nVidia "Network Access Manager".

    If you have installed it already - it is a question asked during the nVidia
    chipset driver installation - uninstall it.
    If you have not installed it, rerun the installation package and say yes
    when asked and then uninstall it by modifying the nVidia driver installation
    in Add or Remove Programs.

    The latest x64 nVidia drivers are the 6.86, released July 7 2006, from
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp64_6.86.html

    Dominic Payer, Nov 15, 2006