    if I need to contact Microsoft.

    Thanks for understanding,
    John
    John Long, Jun 17, 2005

  2. John Long

    Ronald Guest

    Did you order it?

    Ronald, Jun 17, 2005

  3. It should be with you 4 to 5 weeks after being ordered. Have you checked the
    order status:
    https://microsoft.productorder.com/clientx64/orderstatus.aspx
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 17, 2005
  4. John Long

    ChrisC Guest

    Hi, well I am watching this post with interest as I've received the e-mail
    saying that my CD is being built and my credit card will be billed on the
    19th May. However no order number has been issued so how on earth do I check
    the order staus????
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Jun 17, 2005
  5. E-mail them -

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 17, 2005
  6. John Long

    Rick Guest

    How long does it take to build a CD?

    Rick, Jun 17, 2005
  7. John Long

    NNBXX Guest

    A couple of months, I'm afraid ;)

    NNBXX, Jun 17, 2005
  8. Now that is a very good question!!!

    The Fatbastard, Jun 17, 2005
  9. John Long

    John Barnes Guest

    A few hours once you have all your components and tools organised if you
    know where to hook everything up.
    Guessing this is your first, recommend that you buy a motherboard with a
    really good manual. Read carefully before you start. Also make sure the
    case has good instructions for hooking up anything that connects to the
    motherboard (USB and 1394 connections are very small and suggest a tweezers
    in your tool kit). Take grounding instructions seriously. Good luck.

    John Barnes, Jun 17, 2005
  10. John Long

    John Barnes Guest

    Sorry misunderstood. What do you mean by build a CD

    John Barnes, Jun 17, 2005
  11. John Long

    Rick Guest

    Well, Chris said he was told on May 19, 2005, that his CD was being
    built, and it seems he is still waiting for word that it is being shipped.

    So, how long does it take to build, or manufacture, a Windows XP
    Professional x64 CD?

    Rick, Jun 17, 2005
  12. It shouldn't take long to produce the x64 CD, but it depends on the location
    of the factory where the x64 CD is being produced. All of these things have
    to be taken into account when it comes to delivery, I don't believe
    Microsoft has a stock pile somewhere waiting.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 17, 2005
  13. Christian Hougardy, Jun 17, 2005
  14. Yes, every hologram disk is etched with care. ;-)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 17, 2005
  15. John Long

    ChrisC Guest

    Why should I keep having to chase them up, I believe this whole thing for me
    has been a farce....
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Jun 18, 2005
  16. They are etching the CD. ;-)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 18, 2005
  17. No, no. There is one old guy in a back room. He is carefully burning each
    tiny dot with a hand laser. Be patient, it only takes him about 5 days to do
    a single CD.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 18, 2005
  18. He also has to bond with each CD before shipping it off. ;-)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 18, 2005
  19. I would say there is no firm date on when you will get your CD if you have
    sent an order, it's just a case of waiting until the cows come home

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUxMDc3?=, Jun 19, 2005
  20. The expected length should be somewhere between 5 to 6 weeks based on what
    persons have said.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 19, 2005