    AMD/MS) - do you have to reload from scratch when you get the full version
    and wish to activate this on the system?

    I thought all you had to do was to activate new OEM to get full licence.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFsY29sbQ==?=, May 24, 2005

  2. i think you can upgrade the trial version to the oem version without having
    to reformat (somebody correct me if i am incorrect )

    =?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=, May 24, 2005

  3. You have to do an inplace upgrade to change the PID

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 24, 2005
  4. You should, at the very least, be able to do an in place upgrade. But, of
    course, since none of us have the new CDs yet, none of us can be sure exactly
    what the details will be. ;)

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 24, 2005
  5. Thats why I say, just do a dual boot.
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 24, 2005
  6. Does the Technologoy Advancement Program disk we've all ordered force a whole
    disk reformat? I know it certainly _could_ do so, depending on how the SIF
    files are written.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 24, 2005
  7. Hello,
    It shouldn't force a format of the disk.
    It is however OEM media and OEM media is limited to upgrading other OEM
    media, not other types of media.
    So you could do a repair installation, but not a inplace upgrade.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    >From: "Charlie Russel - MVP" <>

    <>
    <>

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], May 24, 2005
  8. yes, "repair install" is what I think of as an in-place upgrade, but you're
    right, repair install is a more accurate term.

    Good to know it won't format the disk -- in which case, I'm good to go when
    it gets here. I'm currently using MSDN media since it's still a test bed
    machine, but I want to move it into production as soon as I get the final
    media.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 25, 2005
  9. Sorry we use different terms dependant on what portion of the business
    we're in. Either way, that will change the PID to full product when the
    time comes.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 25, 2005