    it just told me today that the trial expires in 30 days.
    This is fine and all, but I've searched for a way to buy a copy of it and
    I'm drawing blanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?eG1pbmRsZXNzeA==?=, Feb 4, 2006

  2. great but what if you don't whant to re-install windows?
    i have got the same problem, my computer tell me it will shut down in and
    hour but i haven't found how to swich to the full version

    =?Utf-8?B?cHlyaWduaXM=?=, Feb 4, 2006

  3. So you have been using the Trial RTM version of Windows XP Professional x64
    for a few months now, you like it and decide to continue using it, but you
    realize, its a trial that will eventually expire, so you will need the Full
    OEM version.

    You purchased the Full OEM version, your trial has not expired, all you do
    is, put in the disk, and choose upgrade and you are done. One thing though,
    you will have to reapply all Windows Updates sinces receiving the trial
    since the RTM OEM Full version only has updates it was shipped with.

    If its a case where your trial has expired and you don't want to format and
    lose all that data, boot off the Full OEM RTM Windows XP Professional disk,
    it will launch into setup, accept the F8 License agreement, you will have
    option to do a Repair upgrade, select this and you are home free, again, you
    will have reapply all Windows Update, since its kind of a Clean Upgrade that
    saves all your files and personal settings.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 4, 2006
  4. You can buy them at Newegg, Tiger-Direct, Zip Zoom Fly. About $150.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXJ0?=, Feb 13, 2006