x64 Trial Can a key code be perchased

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?am9zaGJlbm5ldHRqdGI=?=, Jul 2, 2005.

  1. Can a key code be perchased?

    =?Utf-8?B?am9zaGJlbm5ldHRqdGI=?=, Jul 2, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?am9zaGJlbm5ldHRqdGI=?=

    Rick Guest

    I don't think so. You're supposed to receive a key code after you
    register for the download of the trial version.

    Rick, Jul 2, 2005

  3. I would just recommend purchasing full license along with appropriate media
    licensing from one ot the following locations:
    http://www.directron.com/winxpx64.html
    http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102034
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14638&vpn=ZAT-00007&manufacture=Microsoft
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 2, 2005
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 2, 2005
  5. i ment if you can buy a key code to keep it running after the trial!Is that
    posible?

    =?Utf-8?B?am9zaGJlbm5ldHRqdGI=?=, Jul 2, 2005
  6. I would just recommend purchasing full license along with appropriate media
    licensing from one ot the following locations:
    http://www.directron.com/winxpx64.html
    http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102034
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14638&vpn=ZAT-00007&manufacture=Microsoft

    I would just go with the above method, since you would have had to purchase
    the key anyway.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 2, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?am9zaGJlbm5ldHRqdGI=?=

    Rick Guest

    Nichts, Nein, and Hell No!

    You can do a 'Repair Install" with a properly licensed OEM version, but
    that's about it.

    Rick, Jul 2, 2005
  8. joshbennettjtb got up from the bar and shouted: :
    > Can a key code be perchased?

    Unfortunatly not. It seems such an obvious way to tackle piracy, by
    making the files downloadable, and the keys purchasable online, skip all
    the middlemen, buy direct from MS, without the support (which most of us
    here never use anyway).

    I wonder why MS don't do this, it's so obvious.. Xp64 key for $99, ISO
    to download....

    Mark Gillespie, Jul 3, 2005
  9. The big source of illegal distribution of copyrighted software is through
    corporate environments, if you take a close look at most pirated versions of
    Windows and Office, its volume license, OEM software comes in a distant
    second.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 4, 2005
  10. Andre Da Costa [Extended64] got up from the bar and shouted: :
    > The big source of illegal distribution of copyrighted software is through
    > corporate environments, if you take a close look at most pirated versions of
    > Windows and Office, its volume license, OEM software comes in a distant
    > second.

    I was referring to the high cost of OEM software. Cutting out all the
    middlemen would mean MS couls sell it for a higher price that what they
    sell to the middlemen, and the clued up home user could buy the OEM key
    from Microsoft for much less than a retail boxed copy, with MS having
    none of the support commitments (those commitments I end up paying for
    but never want...)

    Mark Gillespie, Jul 5, 2005
  11. When you buy Office and Windows, I read, what you are really paying for is
    the CD and packaging. I think Jupiter can confirm this, we had discussed it
    a few post back.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?am9zaGJlbm5ldHRqdGI=?=

    DKI Guest

    I though it was When you buy windows or office from the shop you might be
    getting the physical media but its the serial and licence your paying for to
    use the product.

    DKI, Jul 5, 2005
  13. Yes, there is some cost that comes with that, since its intellectual
    property, but remember, you are only licensing it (renting) for use.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 6, 2005