x64 stops responding

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Aug 6, 2005.

  1. My operating system stops responding for 5-10 seconds about 4-6 times every
    hour. If I am typing, downloading, surfing it stops. I have no question or
    exclamation marks in the device manager.
    This only happens with the XP Pro x64 OS, not Vista x64. And it is on the
    same computer with exactly the same hardware.

    On partition C: I have XP Pro x64 and on partition D: Vista Beta 1 x64.

    Anyone got a clue?

    --

    Asus P5WD2 Premium (955X Express)
    P4 3.73GHz EE
    WD 74GB x 2
    DDR2 PC8000 2GB
    GeForce 7800GTX
    Samsung 24" TFT
    Plextor PX-712SA
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Aug 6, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

    NNBXX Guest

    Any MUI installed ?

    "Maratonmannen" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My operating system stops responding for 5-10 seconds about 4-6 times
    > every
    > hour. If I am typing, downloading, surfing it stops. I have no question or
    > exclamation marks in the device manager.
    > This only happens with the XP Pro x64 OS, not Vista x64. And it is on the
    > same computer with exactly the same hardware.
    >
    > On partition C: I have XP Pro x64 and on partition D: Vista Beta 1 x64.
    >
    > Anyone got a clue?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Asus P5WD2 Premium (955X Express)
    > P4 3.73GHz EE
    > WD 74GB x 2
    > DDR2 PC8000 2GB
    > GeForce 7800GTX
    > Samsung 24" TFT
    > Plextor PX-712SA
    NNBXX, Aug 6, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Was this occurring before you installed Vista x64?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    "Maratonmannen" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My operating system stops responding for 5-10 seconds about 4-6 times
    > every
    > hour. If I am typing, downloading, surfing it stops. I have no question or
    > exclamation marks in the device manager.
    > This only happens with the XP Pro x64 OS, not Vista x64. And it is on the
    > same computer with exactly the same hardware.
    >
    > On partition C: I have XP Pro x64 and on partition D: Vista Beta 1 x64.
    >
    > Anyone got a clue?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Asus P5WD2 Premium (955X Express)
    > P4 3.73GHz EE
    > WD 74GB x 2
    > DDR2 PC8000 2GB
    > GeForce 7800GTX
    > Samsung 24" TFT
    > Plextor PX-712SA
    Andre Da Costa, Aug 6, 2005
    #3
  4. Yes it did happen before I installed Vista x64 and at that time XP Pro x64
    was the only OS I had installed.

    For a while with the trial version I had the Swedish MUI installed, but when
    I received the TAP I did a clean install and no MUI.

    I have also done a new clean install, but it still occurs.

    It is very annoying, since I am not able to do anything under the 5-10
    seconds.

    "Andre Da Costa" wrote:

    > Was this occurring before you installed Vista x64?
    > --
    > Andre
    > Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    > Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
    > http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    > FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    > "Maratonmannen" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > My operating system stops responding for 5-10 seconds about 4-6 times
    > > every
    > > hour. If I am typing, downloading, surfing it stops. I have no question or
    > > exclamation marks in the device manager.
    > > This only happens with the XP Pro x64 OS, not Vista x64. And it is on the
    > > same computer with exactly the same hardware.
    > >
    > > On partition C: I have XP Pro x64 and on partition D: Vista Beta 1 x64.
    > >
    > > Anyone got a clue?
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Asus P5WD2 Premium (955X Express)
    > > P4 3.73GHz EE
    > > WD 74GB x 2
    > > DDR2 PC8000 2GB
    > > GeForce 7800GTX
    > > Samsung 24" TFT
    > > Plextor PX-712SA

    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Aug 6, 2005
    #4
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

    Randy Guest

    Do you have a virus scanner running? AntiSpyware? Firewall?
    I'd do thorough scans if not if the system has been online.

    "Maratonmannen" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My operating system stops responding for 5-10 seconds about 4-6 times

    every
    > hour. If I am typing, downloading, surfing it stops. I have no question or
    > exclamation marks in the device manager.
    > This only happens with the XP Pro x64 OS, not Vista x64. And it is on the
    > same computer with exactly the same hardware.
    >
    > On partition C: I have XP Pro x64 and on partition D: Vista Beta 1 x64.
    >
    > Anyone got a clue?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Asus P5WD2 Premium (955X Express)
    > P4 3.73GHz EE
    > WD 74GB x 2
    > DDR2 PC8000 2GB
    > GeForce 7800GTX
    > Samsung 24" TFT
    > Plextor PX-712SA
    Randy, Aug 7, 2005
    #5
  6. I have no AntiVirus.
    Firewall: Windows Firewall.
    AntiSpyware: Microsoft AntiSpyware with Real-time Protection in-active,
    AutoUpdater Inactive, Schedule scan Disable.


    "Randy" wrote:

    > Do you have a virus scanner running? AntiSpyware? Firewall?
    > I'd do thorough scans if not if the system has been online.
    >
    > "Maratonmannen" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > My operating system stops responding for 5-10 seconds about 4-6 times

    > every
    > > hour. If I am typing, downloading, surfing it stops. I have no question or
    > > exclamation marks in the device manager.
    > > This only happens with the XP Pro x64 OS, not Vista x64. And it is on the
    > > same computer with exactly the same hardware.
    > >
    > > On partition C: I have XP Pro x64 and on partition D: Vista Beta 1 x64.
    > >
    > > Anyone got a clue?
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Asus P5WD2 Premium (955X Express)
    > > P4 3.73GHz EE
    > > WD 74GB x 2
    > > DDR2 PC8000 2GB
    > > GeForce 7800GTX
    > > Samsung 24" TFT
    > > Plextor PX-712SA

    >
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Aug 7, 2005
    #6
  7. Good time to do a thorough inspection of the event viewer. Something is
    having to do a timeout. I'd bet it's a networking issue, but there are
    certainly other things it could be. Look for any anomolies in the event logs
    as a good starting point.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/


    Maratonmannen wrote:
    > Yes it did happen before I installed Vista x64 and at that time XP
    > Pro x64 was the only OS I had installed.
    >
    > For a while with the trial version I had the Swedish MUI installed,
    > but when I received the TAP I did a clean install and no MUI.
    >
    > I have also done a new clean install, but it still occurs.
    >
    > It is very annoying, since I am not able to do anything under the
    > 5-10 seconds.
    >
    > "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
    >
    >> Was this occurring before you installed Vista x64?
    >> --
    >> Andre
    >> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    >> Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
    >> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    >> FAQ for MS AntiSpy
    >> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    >> "Maratonmannen" <> wrote in
    >> message news:...
    >>> My operating system stops responding for 5-10 seconds about 4-6
    >>> times every
    >>> hour. If I am typing, downloading, surfing it stops. I have no
    >>> question or exclamation marks in the device manager.
    >>> This only happens with the XP Pro x64 OS, not Vista x64. And it is
    >>> on the same computer with exactly the same hardware.
    >>>
    >>> On partition C: I have XP Pro x64 and on partition D: Vista Beta 1
    >>> x64.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone got a clue?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Asus P5WD2 Premium (955X Express)
    >>> P4 3.73GHz EE
    >>> WD 74GB x 2
    >>> DDR2 PC8000 2GB
    >>> GeForce 7800GTX
    >>> Samsung 24" TFT
    >>> Plextor PX-712SA
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 7, 2005
    #7
  8. In the last almost two hours, it has been only three stops. I have checked
    the event viewer and there are no events from the time the system stops
    responding. But there are several errors with the source "SideBySide" and
    Event 32 and 59 with description:
    "Dependent Assembly Microsoft. VC80.MFCLOC could not be found and Last Error
    was: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system."
    "Generate ActivationContext failed for C:\Program
    Files\Logitech\SetPoint\MFC. Reference error message: The referenced assembly
    is not installed on your system."

    I have a Logitech MX-1000 with x64 SetPoint drivers. I have not noticed
    anything strange with the mouse and ir works as expected.

    I have also updated the drivers for the onboard Intel Pro/1000 network
    adapter.


    "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

    > Good time to do a thorough inspection of the event viewer. Something is
    > having to do a timeout. I'd bet it's a networking issue, but there are
    > certainly other things it could be. Look for any anomolies in the event logs
    > as a good starting point.
    >
    > --
    > Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    > ======================
    > Charlie.
    > http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
    >
    >
    > Maratonmannen wrote:
    > > Yes it did happen before I installed Vista x64 and at that time XP
    > > Pro x64 was the only OS I had installed.
    > >
    > > For a while with the trial version I had the Swedish MUI installed,
    > > but when I received the TAP I did a clean install and no MUI.
    > >
    > > I have also done a new clean install, but it still occurs.
    > >
    > > It is very annoying, since I am not able to do anything under the
    > > 5-10 seconds.
    > >
    > > "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Was this occurring before you installed Vista x64?
    > >> --
    > >> Andre
    > >> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    > >> Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
    > >> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    > >> FAQ for MS AntiSpy
    > >> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    > >> "Maratonmannen" <> wrote in
    > >> message news:...
    > >>> My operating system stops responding for 5-10 seconds about 4-6
    > >>> times every
    > >>> hour. If I am typing, downloading, surfing it stops. I have no
    > >>> question or exclamation marks in the device manager.
    > >>> This only happens with the XP Pro x64 OS, not Vista x64. And it is
    > >>> on the same computer with exactly the same hardware.
    > >>>
    > >>> On partition C: I have XP Pro x64 and on partition D: Vista Beta 1
    > >>> x64.
    > >>>
    > >>> Anyone got a clue?
    > >>>
    > >>> --
    > >>>
    > >>> Asus P5WD2 Premium (955X Express)
    > >>> P4 3.73GHz EE
    > >>> WD 74GB x 2
    > >>> DDR2 PC8000 2GB
    > >>> GeForce 7800GTX
    > >>> Samsung 24" TFT
    > >>> Plextor PX-712SA

    >
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Aug 7, 2005
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. TheCroW

    FF 1.06 stops responding sometimes

    TheCroW, Aug 1, 2005, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    19
    Views:
    820
    Vazilis
    Aug 8, 2005
  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2lyX0phdmFfQmVhbg==?=

    explorer.exe stops responding

    =?Utf-8?B?U2lyX0phdmFfQmVhbg==?=, Jun 7, 2004, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,690
    =?Utf-8?B?U2lyX0phdmFfQmVhbg==?=
    Jun 7, 2004
  3. Mercury
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    503
    Mercury
    Feb 26, 2004
  4. Peter Rowe
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    591
    Ivan OstreŇ°
    Dec 8, 2004
  5. simonTempler

    Catalyst 4510R stops responding.

    simonTempler, Feb 28, 2006, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    616
Loading...

Share This Page