    Is there any software available on audio/video encoding/decoding where we
    could feel the improvements of the 64 bit hardware?
    Thanks for your attention.

    Rubén Cuenca, Feb 8, 2006

  2. Hi there.

    Well it isn't a whole lot yet, but there certainly are some app's - I don't
    know about the A/V sort of app's, but take a look at:

    http://www.planetamd64.com

    you need to register as a member, it's free, and a very good resource to
    have. At intervals things happen regularly too.

    Otherwise you have some opensource stuff like PovRay, and GhostScript. They
    are 64bit. Further on you have Openoffice and The Gimp and Scribus that has
    come out in Windows versions, 32bit as of yet, but hang on.

    There's Blender, I don't remember if that was 64bit, all-in-all, enough to
    have anyone surprised I would like to think.

    Povray can even be set up to do some benchmarking - probably not anything
    scientific, but most likely significantly more than superficial.

    Greetings, Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 9, 2006

  3. If you install Visual Studio 2005 on XP x64 it will install as native 64 bit.

    =?Utf-8?B?SW5zdWx0Q29taWNEb2c=?=, Feb 9, 2006