    concerned. I'm desperately looking for a good antivirus / firewall suite
    that runs on x64. Has anyone found a good security suite for x64 yet? Last
    I looked there was little if no support from the developers.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueSBNb3Jhbg==?=, Nov 25, 2005

  2. I use the x64 firewall and eTrust AV 7.1 antivirus. eTrust is certified and
    supported on x64 so it is not trial or beta. No issues with it.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 25, 2005

  3. The Windows firewall that is included with x64 Edition is a good firewall.
    As for A-V, there are several choices. One I've had good experiences with in
    32-bit versions that now fully supports x64 is AVG from
    http://www.grisoft.com/doc/366/lng/us/tpl/tpl01.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 25, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueSBNb3Jhbg==?=

    Piers James Guest

    AV-wise you can also go for www.avast.com for which the home edition is
    free. no problems running it so far

    Piers James, Nov 25, 2005
  5. I to utilize eTrust, but in version 7.0.5.3., My realtime protection is
    non-functional. I contacted eTrust support about the issue. They informed me
    that currently there software does not support x64, that they are still
    working on a engine that will support the OS.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9zcw==?=, Nov 26, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueSBNb3Jhbg==?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    http://www.digitalriver.com/v2.0-img/operations/ca/site/promo/etrust_promotion.html

    download the free 90 day trial of the x64 version. CA is pretty
    screwed up in terms of who you speak with and what they tell you.

    On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 21:13:02 -0800, "Ross"
    <> wrote:

    >I to utilize eTrust, but in version 7.0.5.3., My realtime protection is
    >non-functional. I contacted eTrust support about the issue. They informed me
    >that currently there software does not support x64, that they are still
    >working on a engine that will support the OS.
    >
    >"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
    >
    >> I use the x64 firewall and eTrust AV 7.1 antivirus. eTrust is certified and
    >> supported on x64 so it is not trial or beta. No issues with it.
    >>
    >> --
    >> "Anthony Moran" <> wrote in message
    >> > I've been using Windows XP Professional x64 for some time now. However,
    >> > I've
    >> > been bouncing from trial software to trial software as far as antivirus is
    >> > concerned. I'm desperately looking for a good antivirus / firewall suite
    >> > that runs on x64. Has anyone found a good security suite for x64 yet?
    >> > Last
    >> > I looked there was little if no support from the developers.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Expert Zone Columnist

    Barb Bowman, Nov 26, 2005
  7. Exactly. I you use a contact on the CA Home page you will always get the
    EZTrust folks, and EZTrust does not work on x64. If you start with this
    link http://www3.ca.com/solutions/Solution.aspx?ID=271 you get a better
    result.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 26, 2005