    a 32 bit OS, or tell me if this will even work?

    Thank you,
    Sean

    Sean Donnelly, Feb 15, 2008

  2. Yes, it will work, as long as your Windows Server 2003 is running SP1 or
    later. (Which it should be!) I blogged this back in August of 2005.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/search.aspx?q=printers &p=1

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 15, 2008

  3. Sean Donnelly

    Suthan Guest

    On Feb 15, 6:27 pm, Sean Donnelly
    <> wrote:
    > I am running a Windows 2003 Std 32 bit version (running AMD 64bit
    > processors). I have a handful of graphics workstations running 64 bit Windows
    > XP that need to connect to the print server as we track through 3rd party
    > software printing for cost control. I have tried to first load the 32 bit
    > version of say an HP 8100 PCL 6 driver, and then load the 64 bit version of
    > the same HP 8100 PCL 6 driver. It will not load if I go into the sharing tab
    > and load additional drivers for x64 as it tells me the folder where the x64
    > driver is located does not contain information on the driver. If Igo through
    > server properties and attempt to load the driver it finds the print driver,
    > but as it begins to load it tells me it needs the Windows Server 2003 x64
    > Disc as it's looking for the NTPRINT.inf from the AMD64 dir. I do have the
    > media and I put it into the drive, but it keeps telling me it cannot locate
    > the file!
    >
    > Can anyone please provide me with proper steps on loading 64 bit drivers on
    > a 32 bit OS, or tell me if this will even work?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Sean

    Hi Sean

    This will help you,

    1) On the x64 machine, from Start > Run, type \\servername, where
    servername = the name of the x86 print server.

    2) In the list of shares, open the Printers folder.

    3) Right-click in the Printers folder and select Server Properties.

    4) Go to the Drivers tab and add a new x64 driver.

    The x64 option should be there since you are viewing the printers
    folder on the x86 machine from the x64 machine.

    This process should work if there is an inbox driver. Otherwise,
    you'll have to provide the location of the OEM driver.

    This is how we installed x64 Drivers on a x86 Windows Server 2003 R2.

    But we had the below issue, so we upgraded the servers to x64.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902066

    Umasuthan
    (TnoZeus)

    Suthan, Feb 15, 2008