    Any idea?

    TIA
    Milos

    Milos Puchta, Aug 20, 2005

  2. what device is it referring to? I don't recognize the name, certainly. Then,
    Supermicro or the mfg of the device needs to provide a 64-bit driver for it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 20, 2005

  3. Milos Puchta

    Milos Puchta Guest

    More on... X64 on SUPERMICRO

    Charlie,

    GEM 318 is Qlogic chip for backplane SCSI purposes.

    Neither Supermicro nor the Qlogic give any x64 driver
    for GEM 318 (This IO sits on the HDD backplane...)
    Supermicro support gave the answer that was a mess
    (mixture of chips, reference to the 32bit driver).
    Qlogic support is silent (no response from support@)

    It seems that the absence of proper driver does not
    threaten the "life" of operating system,but....I prefere
    no yellow mark.

    Regards,
    Milos

    Milos Puchta, Aug 21, 2005
  4. Re: More on... X64 on SUPERMICRO

    OK, thanks for clarifying. So it looks like you're OK as long as you're not
    using the SCSI feature of that motherboard. If you want to get rid of the
    yellow mark, one solution would be to disable the QLogic in the BIOS. Then
    Windows won't see it, and won't mark it as not working.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 21, 2005
  5. Milos Puchta

    Milos Puchta Guest

    Re: More on... X64 on SUPERMICRO

    Charlie,

    I will do some research until being sure about the possibility to disable
    the GEM 318. ( I prefere not to play Chernobyle game ;-) )

    Regards,
    Milos
    PS IMO, Vendors are claiming the compliance with x64 hoping that there
    would be delay in final version of x64 operating system(s).

    Milos Puchta, Aug 22, 2005
  6. Milos Puchta

    Milos Puchta Guest

    Hi,

    I have just received good explanation. This may be useful
    for others:

    At this moment we only have 32 bit drivers, we are working on 64 bit
    drivers, but without the driver the functionality of the SAF-TE chip
    (GEM318) is still there, the driver is only there to remove the explanation
    mark out of the System overview

    regards,
    Milos

    Milos Puchta, Aug 22, 2005