X64 on Acer 5002 aspire laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Monster, Jun 28, 2005.

  1. Monster

    Monster Guest

    I just got this laptop today (really cheap too)
    http://global.acer.com/products/notebook/as5000.htm it has an AMD 64 ML-30
    turion processor at 1.6ghz but it comes with windows xp home. I was a bit
    skeptical when I bought it because nobody seemed to be using xp64 on it. The
    80gb hd comes in two fat 32 partitions, I installed xp64 on the second one
    (converted to ntfs). Installation was smooth and uneventful.

    The hardware on laptop was

    broadcom 802.11g network adapter -> still searching for drivers
    Realtek AC`97 audio -> I found and installed the 64bit drivers
    Texas Instruoments PCI-1410 cardbus -> drivers installed by xp64
    Sis 900 based pci-fast ethernet -> drivers installed by xp64
    Slimtype DVDRW SOSW-833S -> drivers installed by xp64
    SIS M760GX (graphics) -> to my surprise sis had a 64bit driver for it! yay
    :) http://www.sis.com/download and follow the step by step.
    Agere Systems AC`97 modem -> don't use it, so don't care.

    So the Acer Aspire 5002WLMI can run xp64 if anyone wanted to know. I heard
    the 5020 was a better laptop tho, I think it uses an x700 graphics card
    Monster, Jun 28, 2005

  2. Thanks for sharing, don't need a laptop though, I want a tablet. ;-)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 29, 2005

  3. Monster

    Borgeaud.com Guest

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64] a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :
    > Thanks for sharing, don't need a laptop though, I want a tablet. ;-)

    A 64 bits Tablet ????

    Site : http://www.mesnews.net
    Borgeaud.com, Jun 29, 2005
  4. No, I need a Tablet, I wouldn't mind if it was 64 bit though. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 29, 2005
  5. Monster

    jurassic Guest

    jurassic, Aug 19, 2005
  6. Hi,

    I found these on the acer site 5020. The 80211g.rar file contains a
    driver that seams to work.

    http://csd.acer.com.tw/SI/Download2...eab20c4cf34cbba94825702e0016527b?OpenDocument

    Win Rar to open archive. You can download a trial version.

    http://www.rarlab.com/

    Ken
    -------------------

    Ken Tucker [MVP], Aug 29, 2005
  7. Monster

    jurassic Guest

    Hi
    Thanks for your answer, but the site ask for username and password
    could you post the rar file somewhere else please.
    Thanks

    --
    jurassi
    Free Computer Help - http://forums.techarena.i