    AMP Guest

    Any benefit of even using XP x64 on a machine with 712 MB of RAM? Or just
    useless?
    AMP, Jun 26, 2006

  2. Well, if you had a 64 bit application that you needed to run, not useless at
    all. But honestly, it doesn't sound like a great fit. I suggest you read my
    whitepaper: "Is Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Right for Me?" - there's
    a link off my blog, or off the main XP 64bit site.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 26, 2006

  3. * AMP<<:

    > Any benefit of even using XP x64 on a machine with 712 MB of RAM?

    No.

    > Or just
    > useless?

    If you have no 64bit applications: yes, it's useless. And if you do have
    64bit applications 768MB RAM is probably too low to be useful...

    Benjamin
    Benjamin Gawert, Jun 27, 2006