    design and hardware/software compatibility"

    Come on Microsoft, get the finger out. You're disappointing some of your
    biggest fans here.

    Andrew Ahearne, Aug 24, 2005

  2. Bummer! :-\
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 24, 2005

  3. Andrew Ahearne

    John Barnes Guest

    Anyone who would buy another piece of Microsoft hardware after this fiasco
    is a fool.

    John Barnes, Aug 24, 2005
  4. Andrew Ahearne

    DKI Guest

    Well its Microsofts Loss if there hardware team can not be bothered to pull
    there fingers out the arses and port the software and drivers over to X64.

    Its best to go with logitech at least they done some drivers and software.

    As of now anyone who goes for a new keyboard and is planning on using X64 i
    cost microsoft new customers in that area (and looking at the higer priced
    ones and not cheap end) and preventing them from making the same mistake as
    i did.

    DKI, Aug 24, 2005
  5. Andrew Ahearne

    Don Burnette Guest

    I have already switched out my MS mouse for a Logi Tech, even though I don't
    like the feel as much as I did the MS mouse.

    I will be replacing my MS keyboard with a Logitech next, and personally,
    will NEVER buy a piece of MS hardware again, for this very reason.

    Yes, I know MS contracts the hardware out, they aren't the actual builders,
    but you can't tell me MS could not have used a lot of persuasion on their
    part, to get drivers developed for their MS branded hardware. for XP Pro 64.
    You would think , they would want to lead by example, and be one of the
    first to have done so.

    --
    Don Burnette

    Don Burnette, Aug 25, 2005
  6. Andrew Ahearne

    Nicole & Tom Guest

    John Barnes wrote:
    > Anyone who would buy another piece of Microsoft hardware after this fiasco
    > is a fool.
    >

    > "Andrew Ahearne" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Looks like MS has a slew of new hardware being released in the near future
    >>
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/discover/start.htm
    >>
    >>I thought that maybe now we might see some results, however once again the
    >>supported systems are listed as:
    >>
    >>Microsoft Windows® 2000, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home Edition,
    >>Windows XP Media Center Edition or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
    >>
    >>Oh yeah and I got a good laugh out of this line in the press release:
    >>
    >>"Microsoft Hardware leads the industry in ergonomic engineering,
    >>industrial design and hardware/software compatibility"
    >>
    >>Come on Microsoft, get the finger out. You're disappointing some of your
    >>biggest fans here.

    My MS wireless desktop 1000 works fine with xp x64 right out of the box,
    apart from the My Documents, My Pictures, and My Music buttons. I am
    not complaining, because I wouldn't have used them anyway.

    Tom

    Nicole & Tom, Aug 25, 2005
  7. "Don Burnette" <> wrote in message
    >I have already switched out my MS mouse for a Logi Tech, even though I
    >don't like the feel as much as I did the MS mouse.
    >
    > I will be replacing my MS keyboard with a Logitech next, and personally,
    > will NEVER buy a piece of MS hardware again, for this very reason.

    I did this too. I replaced my keyboard first, then gave my mouse to my son.
    I also preferred the feel of my MS mouse to my Point and Click mouse by
    Logitech.

    Now all I have to do is wait for drivers for my X-Fi Platinum. ;o|

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Aug 25, 2005