    (clean installs and upgrades), and tried numerous keyboards to no avail.

    Please help, this is past my understanding.

    gordon

    gbleam Bleam, Jun 18, 2005

  2. Maybe its some unknown defect with Keyboard or the port itself. Have you
    tried with another keyboard to see if its a problem with the port or
    keyboard? Is it PS/2 or USB Keyboard.

    These kind of issues can occur due to earthing faults around the keyboard /
    mouse sockets.It is important for the small flanges to touch the case and
    not be
    bent out of the way. It is rare for static or other issues to affect
    keyboards, but
    it happens.

    If the k/b didn't work in the bios I would say that the PS2 interface fuse
    was blown (10cent component, but if you aren't a whizz with a soldering iron
    on tiny tiny contacts then its a big problem until you find someone that
    is).

    - Tim

    You should contact the manufacturer of the computer
    (or the motherboard manufacturer if you built it yourself).

    - Charlie
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 18, 2005

  3. gbleam Bleam

    gbleam Bleam Guest

    the kb is a PS/2 and I have not tried a USB one, but it most likely will
    work. Great thought!!! Thanks. I will check the grounding, the thing is
    the keyboard worked in safe mode and BIOS, just not when it boots fully.
    Thanks

    gbleam Bleam, Jun 18, 2005
  4. gbleam Bleam

    John Barnes Guest

    Just remember to keep your PS2 keyboard and mouse if you replace with USB.
    As soon as you throw them away you will find some BIOS update program or
    other program for testing from a floppy that won't support USB

    John Barnes, Jun 18, 2005
  5. Remember to report back.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 18, 2005