    will this void or limit my warranty (i have purchased a 2 year extended
    warranty from CompUSA). Any suggestions or information will be greatly
    appreciated. Thank you very much!

    =?Utf-8?B?cnJwYXRlbA==?=, Jul 18, 2005

  2. "rrpatel" <> wrote in message
    news:D...
    >I have a new HP L2000 Limited Edition Notebook (Livestrong edition) with an
    > AMD Turion64 processor. Do you recommend that I install x64 on this
    > computer
    > and do you know if I will have any problems with hardware/drivers, etc?
    > Also,
    > will this void or limit my warranty (i have purchased a 2 year extended
    > warranty from CompUSA). Any suggestions or information will be greatly
    > appreciated. Thank you very much!

    Before you install the x64 product on your laptop you must ensure you have
    all the x64 drivers for all your hardware in the laptop - all hardware
    drivers must be 64-bit (x64).
    Since the device has an OEM installed OS - removal of that OS and
    replacement with anything else will probably void your support from the
    OEM - check with them first.
    As regards any further after sales warrantee from a retailers - you again
    will need to check with them prior to install.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Jul 18, 2005

  3. Please check out the following link:
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta/Blog/cns!1ppieQf0aF6k7J0XYrJfhfMQ!1420.entry
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 18, 2005
  4. Have you checked the drivers and downloads link on HP for your laptop? If
    you do you will find that the only two operating systems supported are
    Windows XP Professional and Windows 2000. Windows XP Pro x64 is not listed.
    When drivers are available on HP for x64, XP x64 is specifically listed.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 18, 2005