    first it may've been a Mozilla product, but this more recent install of the
    final cut has sunk that theory. Has anyone expereinced this frustrating
    anomole?
    =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZG9yYWRv?=, Jul 24, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZG9yYWRv?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Can you be more specific. Are you always surfing when this happens. Does
    it happen in games, other programs etc.

    John Barnes, Jul 24, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZG9yYWRv?=

    Todd Guest

    This is often times even before getting to the point of surfing. As I
    stated, this is a clean, fresh install with no frills, no bells, no
    whistles. Only what came on the x64 disc - I have not installed anything
    erroneous like Trillian or Firefox, and am not a gamer. Sometimes I get to
    the point where I log in, allow the machine to sit for ten minutes (no
    screen saver) and when I return my only option is to reboot.

    Pure frustration.

    Todd, Jul 24, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZG9yYWRv?=

    Michael Zerr Guest

    You probably have already done this, but make sure all your hardware
    drivers are the latest version. XP64 installed some Nvidia driver
    automaticly that caused some problems, however they were taken care of
    when I downloaded the latest nvidia 64 bit drivers from there website.
    It also installed my sound driver and network driver automaticly,
    however the system was more stable once I got the drivers from the
    manufactures site. So I would check and install any drivers from the
    hardware manufactures site even if windowsXP automaticly installed them
    for you.

    Michael Zerr, Jul 24, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZG9yYWRv?=

    Todd Guest

    Thanks, I will try that. I have already downloaded the July 15, 2005 nVidia
    drivers, but will look for the rest.

    Todd, Jul 24, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZG9yYWRv?=

    -Dan- Guest

    I saw this on Forceware drivers 71.84; and had to shut down graphics acceleration. 77.72 has been considerably better.
    -Dan-, Jul 24, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZG9yYWRv?=

    Tocapet Guest

    My trial version hangs on shutdown about 40% of the time. Especially after
    playing games. Hopefully, the full version, due here tomorrow, will fix
    that.

    Tocapet, Jul 24, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZG9yYWRv?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Trial and full should be the same, but this problem has been associated with
    AVAST AV, so if you are using that and don't like the shutdown problem, you
    should uninstall it and purchase one of the other 64-bit ready ones.

    John Barnes, Jul 25, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZG9yYWRv?=

    Todd Guest

    After downloading and installing the latest AMD software for my chipset, 90% of
    my issues were resolved. I do run Avast, but it has never been an issue - I
    think it was all chipset-related. I did thrash my hard drive after so many
    aborted startups and restarts in mid-hang, but Wester Digital has a great RMA
    process. Thanks for all the advice!

    Todd, Jul 25, 2005