    This is over a network share. anyone come across this ?
    Any insite on how to fix?

    Cheers
    Martin Riddle, Nov 19, 2011

  2. Martin Riddle

    Zaidy036 Guest

    On 11/18/2011 8:21 PM, Martin Riddle wrote:
    > It seems that Win7 x64 explorer is broken in that it does not display
    > the Title from a PDF file, in the title column.
    > under XP, the Title column in explorer displays the PDF title.
    >
    > This is over a network share. anyone come across this ?
    > Any insite on how to fix?
    >
    > Cheers

    But the preview pane shows the first page

    --
    Zaidy036
    Zaidy036, Nov 19, 2011

  3. "Zaidy036" <> wrote in message
    > On 11/18/2011 8:21 PM, Martin Riddle wrote:
    >> It seems that Win7 x64 explorer is broken in that it does not display
    >> the Title from a PDF file, in the title column.
    >> under XP, the Title column in explorer displays the PDF title.
    >>
    >> This is over a network share. anyone come across this ?
    >> Any insite on how to fix?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>

    > But the preview pane shows the first page
    >
    > --
    > Zaidy036

    Maybe, I couldn't say. None of the PDF file are highlighted. Nor do they
    need to be highlighted.
    The only time I seen this problem in XP was when I uninstalled something
    on a XP machine.
    I don't remember what, and I don't recall what I reinstalled to get it
    working again ;(

    Cheers
    Martin Riddle, Nov 19, 2011
  4. "Martin Riddle" <> wrote in message

    > "Zaidy036" <> wrote in message
    >> On 11/18/2011 8:21 PM, Martin Riddle wrote:
    >>> It seems that Win7 x64 explorer is broken in that it does not
    >>> display
    >>> the Title from a PDF file, in the title column.
    >>> under XP, the Title column in explorer displays the PDF title.
    >>>
    >>> This is over a network share. anyone come across this ?
    >>> Any insite on how to fix?
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>>

    >> But the preview pane shows the first page
    >>
    >> --
    >> Zaidy036

    > Maybe, I couldn't say. None of the PDF file are highlighted. Nor do
    > they need to be highlighted.
    > The only time I seen this problem in XP was when I uninstalled
    > something on a XP machine.
    > I don't remember what, and I don't recall what I reinstalled to get it
    > working again ;(
    >
    > Cheers

    Apparently it is broken, But you can get titles if the directory is
    indexed.
    One way is to right click on Libraries (left side of window) and add a
    new library and point it to the directory.
    But it doesn't work for shares, but it might work for mapped drives.
    (haven't tried)

    Cheers
    Martin Riddle, Jan 5, 2012