    this did not cause the file connections to be dropped before on XP 32 Pro.

    Thanks,
    Lynn McGuire

    Lynn McGuire, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Lynn McGuire

    Sam Guest

    It your motherboard is an NF3 or NF4 no driver is needed
    unless your going to use Raid. If your not going to use raid
    then make sure bios sees drive, boot off old dos disk and run
    fdisk on your sata drive. Then boot off windows install cd
    and you will see everything load and install great. A lot of
    people will say its not the right way but after fdisk has setup
    the drive this way windows will load normal.

    Sam, Jun 16, 2005

  3. Lynn McGuire

    Sam Guest

    Sorry I posted this message into wrong topic.....

    sam

    Sam, Jun 16, 2005
  4. Actually, if you rebooted your server, I'm not surprised. I've seen this
    often in 32-bit as well, and I'm always preparted to reboot them all whenever
    there's a server (domain controller) reboot. (Not something you'd see on a
    larger network, where there are multiple DCs and one of them would always be
    available. But definitely a possible issue on a single DC network.)

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 17, 2005