x64 doesn't work with raid

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?RmxhbWU=?=, Aug 5, 2005.

  1. Hi everybody. Ire port here my experience, but it's not only mine since I've
    just found about 25 persons that have the same problem.

    Here's my hardware:
    Asus A8N-Sli
    2 Hitachi Deskstar SATA 80Gb, with a Raid0 active through nVidia chipset
    2*512Mb DDR400 Geil
    nVidia Geforce 6600GT
    Nec 3540 DVD RW

    Obviously I've start with no overclock.

    Here's what happened (at me and any other people that got a SATA Raid)(I've
    tried with just 3 build and a corporate ed.):
    - The installation (with passing my SATA Raid Driver via F6 button on
    starting) went fine, but at the first system start come into a blue screen
    and
    then the restart of the system.

    I've tried safe mode too, obviously, and any other choices, but there's no
    way to make it work.

    It's probably that the Windows XP x64 doesn't support RAID disk, even if it
    recognize it good during installation...

    I hope somenone know how to solve this very bad and big problem...

    Regards,
    Andrea
    =?Utf-8?B?RmxhbWU=?=, Aug 5, 2005

  2. Are you sure you're using the latest RAID drivers? Check out
    ExtendedAMD64.com or PlanetAMD64.com, or go to Asus' website.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBIYXJ0dC1QYWxtZXI=?=, Aug 5, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RmxhbWU=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Nvidia and Award are total disasters in handling SATA II drives, RAID or no
    RAID. ASUS won't do anything about contacting them to get it fixed.
    My latest BIOS update made things WORSE (as if that were possible)

    John Barnes, Aug 5, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RmxhbWU=?=

    Mike Guest

    John Barnes wrote:
    > Nvidia and Award are total disasters in handling SATA II drives, RAID or no
    > RAID. ASUS won't do anything about contacting them to get it fixed.
    > My latest BIOS update made things WORSE (as if that were possible)
    >
    > "Flame" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi everybody. Ire port here my experience, but it's not only mine since
    >>I've
    >>just found about 25 persons that have the same problem.
    >>
    >>Here's my hardware:
    >>Asus A8N-Sli
    >>2 Hitachi Deskstar SATA 80Gb, with a Raid0 active through nVidia chipset
    >>2*512Mb DDR400 Geil
    >>nVidia Geforce 6600GT
    >>Nec 3540 DVD RW
    >>
    >>Obviously I've start with no overclock.
    >>
    >>Here's what happened (at me and any other people that got a SATA
    >>Raid)(I've
    >>tried with just 3 build and a corporate ed.):
    >>- The installation (with passing my SATA Raid Driver via F6 button on
    >>starting) went fine, but at the first system start come into a blue screen
    >>and
    >>then the restart of the system.
    >>
    >>I've tried safe mode too, obviously, and any other choices, but there's no
    >>way to make it work.
    >>
    >>It's probably that the Windows XP x64 doesn't support RAID disk, even if
    >>it
    >>recognize it good during installation...
    >>
    >>I hope somenone know how to solve this very bad and big problem...
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>Andrea

    I'm using an Asus K8VSE Deluxe with a 3200 64 bit AMD.
    I've also two samsung spinpoint SATA drives on the Via raid as a striped
    Raid and two Maxtor drives on the other raid set. All works fine.
    Had to move back the Bios to an earlier one, agree the latest Bios
    updates are crap.
    Moving over to a K8N-SLI premium soon, so hope this is resolved.

    Did you go into the raid setup and create the raid first ? No problems ?

    Mike
    Mike, Aug 5, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RmxhbWU=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I am not using RAID. All systems work perfectly on SATA I drives both with
    current and prior BIOS's So far strictly a SATA II problem.

    John Barnes, Aug 5, 2005
  6. Obviusly I tried with the latest driver download drictely form nvidia and
    from Asus, and I'm also tried with two different version of Bios.

    During the installation all was good, so it recognize the Raid good...but at
    the first start there's no way to use this Os ...

    =?Utf-8?B?RmxhbWU=?=, Aug 5, 2005
  7. I've tried more test, and I've tried to install normal XP Profesisonal SP2,
    and I've found thet here's the same problem: all the installations went good
    but there's now way to start it.
    Now I'll try to update the bios with a beta version.

    thanks for all

    =?Utf-8?B?RmxhbWU=?=, Aug 5, 2005
  8. It's all becaused of the bios. now it works fine.

    Thanks for all at everybody

    =?Utf-8?B?RmxhbWU=?=, Aug 5, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?RmxhbWU=?=

    Don Awalt Guest

    I have a Dell Precision workstation and RAID works fine. It came set up as
    RAID 0, I reconfigured it to be RAID 1. Both worked flawlessly.

    Don Awalt, Aug 6, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?RmxhbWU=?=

    NNBXX Guest

    Same here. I have a Dell Precision 670 workstation with two SCSI hard disk
    drives in RAID 1, and it works fine under x64 with the appropriate drivers.

    NNBXX, Aug 6, 2005