    Any ideas on what I can/should check for? The Bios is set to AGP on start
    and I do not see any warnings during startup.

    Any help would be appreciated...
    =?Utf-8?B?dEhlRGlQ?=, Aug 9, 2005

  2. You will need to go in and manually force the driver in...it is there...but
    for whatever reason some devices won't auto install..

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFj?=, Aug 9, 2005

  3. How does one go about forcing "the driver in"?

    =?Utf-8?B?dEhlRGlQ?=, Aug 9, 2005
  4. Off the top of my head perform the following....

    From Device Manager:

    1. CLICK on the + by Display Adapters
    2. RIGHT CLICK on the device (presumably Standard VGA Adapter) and
    choose UPDATE DRIVER
    3. Choose "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" and
    CLICK Next
    4. Select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install" and CLICK
    Next
    5. DESELECT "Show compatible hardware" if checked
    6. CLICK on the Manufacture (Nvidia) on the left side
    7. CLICK on the corresponding model of your video card and click Next
    (If necessary, click have disk and browse to the Nvisia folder that
    should have been created on your C: drive then select OK followed by
    selecting the appropriate model)
    8. Click YES when the warning is displayed
    9. Click FINISH

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFj?=, Aug 9, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?dEhlRGlQ?=

    Randy Guest

    See if there's an upgraded BIOS for your motherboard...

    XP Pro x64 seems to have *very* few video drivers (I have an ATI and there's
    only a dozen or so in a single category, as opposed to dozens in 3
    categories for x32 Win XP or 2000 Pro). My two "older" (2-3years) AGP Radeon
    all-in-ones aren't even included, for crying out loud.

    And not even my server's PCI card (no AGP or PCI Express x16 slots) has a
    driver, which to me is bizarre. There *is* a driver in x64 Win Server 2003
    for the card, but then I don't *need* as good a graphics driver when I'm
    doing server-type stuff, do I?

    But on the other hand, the default vga driver in x64 XP Pro is *quite*
    good... driving me easily at 16bit and 1024x768 (and above), whereas earlier
    versions of Windows would default to 16 colors and 640x480 or *less* if
    there was no driver specific for your card. Now THAT was graphics hell.

    Then again, in pre- "plug-n-play" days, we had to manually assign IRQ, DMA,
    I/O address, etc. for almost anything we installed, even some software...
    and USB wasn't even heard of. Used tiny little switches on motherboards
    (jumpers if you were lucky) or BIOS to explicitly change such things. Forget
    to, and you could blow things (incl. the CPU, video, or RAM) with over
    voltage. We've come a long way in a short time. And yet the prices on almost
    everything continue to drop as speed, power, and possibilities continue to
    increase. Gotta love it!

    So I have to say I'm impressed, but I'm a tad old for gaming so that aspect
    doesn't enter into my equation. I'm guessing from your perspective,
    "business" graphics are pretty lame for games?

    Randy, Aug 9, 2005
  6. I noticed that NVidia has systematically been removing older models from
    their newset drivers. Perhaps you can try one of the drivers in the archive
    (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-64bit_extended_archive.html).

    The strange thing is that the release notes for 77.72 claim that the Ti500
    is supported, where as the link to " Supported Products" on the driver
    download page does not.

    Good luck.
    =?Utf-8?B?U3Zlbg==?=, Aug 9, 2005
  7. Thanks Sven, that solved my problem. Now I gotta get 64 bit drivers for my
    samsung monitor...

    =?Utf-8?B?dEhlRGlQ?=, Aug 11, 2005